Discussion Starter #1
theres a nice sho in a junkyard 96-99

how much are the leather seats worth there absolutely perfect
and i know the 150 speedo
anything else?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
The speedo, possibly up to $100, possibly. Just ask for the cluster, and if it's a high price, say, "Well, I just need the speedometer. I had a gear break in mine, and since I'm going to school, I can't afford a new one." But a lot of times the clusers can go cheap. I check on one at a pick-a-part from a 92ish Bird, and one guy told me $35, another asked how much he said, and I said $30, but he gave it to me for $25. (I really was a poor college student, so even $35 was hard for me to pay for. I even ran my car into another vehicle and scratched the door up pretty bad (never fixed, but would probably have to replace it). I was just doing it to get a cluster for someone on here, but I was paying up front (jstaib, old member).

My brother bought the Cougar back from me, and got a cluster for it, shipped for $35. So the only thing making it worth more, is that it's from a SHO. But I'd just try and get their price down. If you can get it yourself, that should cheapen the deal.

And the seats, probalby a few hundred. And it depends on the wear. Any stretch marks are gonna lessen the worth. The back seats I could see as being perfect. My 93 Cougar ones were, until I used it to transport a bunch of junk to school and put a small cut in a spot. But 10 years and they still looked perfect up until then. But if you're saying showroom fresh, that's pretty good.

Decent leather replacement seat covers can cost around $700, up to around $1400, for basic. But if you can get all the seats for a couple hundred, I'd go for it.

All just my opinion from what I've seen, but you may want to ask someone that has bought used parts more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts