TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I travel extensively with work. For tax purposes and personal reference I keep track of the number of days I spend on the road away from home each year. Here are my numbers:

2003: 82 Days
2004: 153 Days
2005: 108 Days
2006: 116 Days
2007: 65 Days so far this year.

I realize there will be some extreme numbers for those of you in the military and may be a truck driver or two. So, how much do you travel and what do you do that keeps you away from home for a living?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
does back and forth across town count? i do all day..... might as well be delivering pizzas... but who wouldnt want to be cruising down the highway in their bird (or cougar) and be getting PAID for it?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Before I transferred to a different position, I was on the road somewhere in KS about 10-15 days a month so about 120 - 160 days a year. hence the name. :D

Unfortunately most of the time it wasn't in my bird it was in a Dodge Caravan.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I go from one building to another atleast every other week.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I realize there will be some extreme numbers for those of you in the military and may be a truck driver or two. So, how much do you travel and what do you do that keeps you away from home for a living?
Unless you count a 3 day business training trip to Atlanta in '99 I don't. F*ck that sh*t it's bad enough commuting 30~40 minutes each way every day. :D

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before I transferred to a different position, I was on the road somewhere in KS about 10-15 days a month so about 120 - 160 days a year. hence the name. :D

Unfortunately most of the time it wasn't in my bird it was in a Dodge Caravan.

I figured that's where you got your username from. Thank God I don't have to drive the Tbird. I have a company vehicle to drive locally and I get rental cars everywhere else.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'm in India reading this right now...
I traveled every week all week for about 8 months but that was too much for me. This has been the second business trip for me in the past year. Two weeks in the Indian summer...Yay

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump.

I'm off to a heluva start this year! ... 114 days on the road since Jan. 1

I think my dogs might forget who I am and bite me when I do finally get home. :eek: :tongue:

So, how much do you guys travel?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I live in a small town and it doesnt take me very long to get to work, After 8:07am i am considered late to work and get docked an hour... I leave my house around 8:04am everymorning and am never late :D... As for traveling to other states... nothing that doesnt end with me being home by 4:30pm.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
I took delivery of a 2011 Ford Fiesta on 1/27/11. As of right now, it has over 40,700 miles on it.

1994 'bird repair is on hold indefinitely.....(it has over 440,000 miles on it....)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Right now I travel a whopping 7 miles, and I have an interview today for a new job that is 15 miles away, but pays $2.75 more. (I currently make minimum)

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I work from home, but for a company that has HQ in New York and Virginia. They wanted me to travel once a quarter for a week. I initially flew back for a week when I changed divisions. Haven't been back since!

So one week last year, a total of 21 days in the 18 years I have worked for them, and since they closed down the offices here, I walk 22 feet from my bedroom to my office.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I work from home also. I do have to drive in about every othere week about 35 miles one way. I just turned down a promotion because the pay increase wouldn't have covered the gas and wear and tear on my car driving 70 miles 5 days a week. With gas the way it is and everything. For me to drive in every day would be about 7k a year. Thats just nuts.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
My commute has always been around 30 minutes except for that few month span where I had to drive 2.5 hours each way from Garner to Greensboro 5 days a week...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I work from home now, so 0 days/year. In my previous job, I didn't travel that much, maybe 20 days/year. I liked traveling though, as they paid a set amount for meals and if you ate for less you pocketed the difference ;)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts