TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much the 4r70w tranny weigh? I'm trying to get a quote for shipping purposes. Thanks!

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
nitrotn97 said:
Does anyone know how much the 4r70w tranny weigh? I'm trying to get a quote for shipping purposes. Thanks!
~225 lbs with a converter.
JL

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
WOW, AOD tips the scales at 227 without the TC........ Hey BTW nitrotn97, Check out OVERNIGHT trucking. I JUST shipped my AOD down to a place in Louisiana for 100 bucks per trip, so 200 round trip, it was there in 3 days, and back to me in 2 days. NOw this tranny company had a deal worked out with Overnight, BUT, Overnight told me it would be about 130-150 to ship mine had I not had the discount with the Tranny company. Justsome food for thought.

Chris

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Chris. I'll check it out. I'm looking to get a tranny shipped from Texas to NW Florida.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Unless you use a plate bolted to the front that doesn't let the TC slide out, like the Ford reman'd trannies come.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
nitrotn97 said:
Thanks for the info Chris. I'll check it out. I'm looking to get a tranny shipped from Texas to NW Florida.
Yea, I would just get in contact with www.overnite.com and find out what they can tell you. Is it coming from a company or a residence? Just wondering.

Chris

·
Registered
456 Posts
I paid $200 from LA to 50 miles North of San Fran....business to business. I think Roadway handled it. I never saw the truck, as the tranny was dropped at my buddy's shop for me.

The Mach 1 TC cost $29 to ship from Fla.

However, I paid the seller of the tranny, so I am sure he made a few bucks off me(as I told him too...shipping is a PITA)

And I didnt know the 4R70W weighed that much...I figured buck 85.

maybe I am getting stronger....all that :bs: you guys have been feeding me!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts