TCCoA Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Well, After deciding to keep the T-Bird last week I have spent another $650 on a few more parts. I still need to have the cats installed which I'm assuming will be another $50 or so at the very least.

This makes my new total to $1,720 before installation of the cats. :)
I can now increase my total to $1,850 after adding another $130 for the installation of the cats.

·
Registered
531 Posts
A little over $6,000 so far.

Half of that went toward fixing the collateral damage after the trans cooler let go and tore up the transmission. I couldn't do the work myself at the time, so it's a lot higher than it would be otherwise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
700 - 92 Thunderbird Sport
32 - oil change
14 - fuel system cleaner
30 - tires mounted (got a set of used tires for free ^.^)
12 - headlight bulb
16 - trans treatment

$804 as of this moment not including gas, but transmission is giving issues and I need a lot of minor things :(

If I can do everything myself, I hope to keep the total to get it running and driving as I want it right now at about $1500. Gotta be cheap lol..

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Good luck, you will burn through that pretty quick. Welcome. Good to see another sport. Post some pics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good luck, you will burn through that pretty quick. Welcome. Good to see another sport. Post some pics.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of lol.. Thanks! Not much how it sits, was coated with primer when I got it, but here is a pic.

Oh, and add another 50 bucks to my total on the car.. Got a good deal on a used air compressor and mirror switch from S4Gunn :)

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Here is my list..

• Purchase price in 2008: $2800
  • Suspension Rebuild, totally new front end, bushings.. Everything new except the rear springs $500.00
  • Tires / Wheels (2 sets) $1000.00
  • Tuning products: $500.00
  • Car Audio $200.00
  • Mustang PBR brakes: $200.00
  • 3.73 Pumpkin, Trak-Lok rebuild: $400.00
  • STEEDA UDP: $150.00
  • Aluminum Spare: $25
  • Gentex Auto Dim Mirror: $50.00
  • 1990 SC/base Crystal Blue seats front/rear: $225.00
  • 1997 Cup Holder : $25.00
  • Single 2.5" Exhaust: $200.00
  • Crown Victoria 4R70W, Marauder Torque Converter, Install - $1800.00
  • RichardM Intake: $100.00 (painted)
  • DynoTech Driveshaft / Mark VIII shafts - $600.00 all together
  • Aeroforce Scan Gauge with Pod: $175.00
  • 2004 Mustang Cobra steering wheel with dye: $250.00
  • Griffin Aluminum Radiator / Hoses / Install / Thermostat : $600.00
  • 1000 little things: $200.00
Grand total: $10,000

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, I bought the car on 12/23/2013 for $1800
I spent another $230 on taxes, inspections, registration, and all the other sundry and miscellaneous fees the government charges you for the right of operating a motor vehicle in the state of Texas.
$40 on hood struts.
$15 on Windshield wipers
$125 on an alternator.
$5 on a tube of RTV silicone to waterproof my airbox.

Which means I've invested a grand total of $2215 in her as of right now. That is, of course, subject to change, as I have a list of minor glitches a mile long that need to be addressed to bring this car up to my standards, and there are always unexpected things, like the alternator and leaky airbox that can hit you out of the blue clear sky.

But as of this moment, she runs good, and she's paid for, so I am happy. Those two traits will cover over a multitude of automotive sins.

·
Registered
256 Posts
As it sits right now, I have:
The price of the car,
Stereo and speakers,
battery, turn signal arm, a/c switch, tires, remote,, stereo and speakers.

Some of what I ought wasn't necessary, just wanted.

The car has 28,501 actual miles on it when I bought it.

It really needed NOTHING except the a/c repair, and the turn signal repair.

I was looking for a Mustang when I found the t-Bird. The mustangs had 3 times the miles, and at least half again more money!!!!!!! I've got $8,200.00 in mine.

Seems everybody has a Mustang, but only the class acts have a T-Bird !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just spent $120 on a new fuel pump, and hoses for the tank, and $80 to pay a friend to help me install it, so that was a $200 repair. A month or two ago I put $135 worth of brake parts on, plus $60 to the same friend to help, so if my math is right, that has me in this Bird for $2610, give or take a little.

Not counting gas or oil changes. Although I did manage to figure out the trick to getting the oil filter in myself, which is something I could never do with the 1995 I had in college, so I am getting to be a better MN12 mechanic!

·
Super Moderator
9,145 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,863 Posts
pfft all that is chump change. You're in a class of your own when your intake manifold costs $1,600+, driveshaft costs $1100+, and your sohc cams cost $1000+/pr :D
Would that be the League of the criminally insane or the Legion of Doom? Probably the Legion of Doom ... Zod. :tongue:

Is your special power the ability to stop time or to just drag it out ad nauseam?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Is your special power the ability to stop time or to just drag it out ad nauseam?
Well I have not paid my yearly dues for some time to the A.S.V.A.A (American Super Villain Association of America), so for now I can only drag it out. :D

·
Super Moderator
11,863 Posts
pffft $1100 is nothing for a d-shaft. I have $1700 in my bronco d-shafts from high angle drivelines. Mine will run at a constant 42* angle and is guaranteed for life. Hell my tires are over $2k
Meh, apples and oranges. We're talking about MN12's here ...

61 - 80 of 89 Posts