TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wandernig if anybody knows how much hp a stock sc lays down to the rear wheels. I know they do 215hp and 315 ft/lbs of torque at the flywheel. Also how much hp and torque will they lay down with full exhaust, Air-intake and a 5% supercharger puuley.
thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Stock puts down roughly 190rwhp and 290 for torque. I think its about a 15% drivetrain loss, correct me if I'm wrong somebody.
And with the pulley, exhaust and CAI you're looking 220rwhp and 310tq or so but a dyno'll be far more accurate than my educated guess.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well with that exact combo you mentioned my 90 XR7 made 205rwhp and 301rwtq.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is your XR7 an auto or 5-speed?

·
Registered
117 Posts
my 92 sc 5speed dynoed 225rwhp and 349rwtq with a cold air intake, full 2.5" exhaust, 5%overdrive and a jackshaft pulley, the car was dynoed before the jackshaft pulley was installed and withall the mods minus the JS pulley it made 210 at the wheels i believe.

hope these numbers help, i think they are pretty typical

·
Registered
19 Posts
How can just the jackshaft pully give you that much more power? Is it also overdriving the supercharger, or was it simply losing weight? I thought the purpose of the new jackshaft pully was simply to shed rotational weight.

·
Registered
117 Posts
yeah it was lightweight aluminum, the same company (SCI) makes an 5% overdrive pulley as well but the according to the dyno my car gained 15 hp from installing it. pretty worth the 120 bucks or whatever they cost, that and underdrives will help you pick up around 30 hp for around 300 bucks.

·
Registered
278 Posts
tbirdowner302 said:
Is your XR7 an auto or 5-speed?
It was an auto....sorry I havent been on in a while.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Just for referance, my 93 w/ a CAI and a 75mm TB put down 225rwhp and 320rwt. Seems these cars can jump around a bit.

·
Registered
282 Posts
93SC said:
Just for referance, my 93 w/ a CAI and a 75mm TB put down 225rwhp and 320rwt. Seems these cars can jump around a bit.

If that was all it had to do 225/320 then you my friend has a nice fine factory FREAK. Keep her in good shape.

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
with a supercharged car, the conditions that day can make a 10-15hp difference on the dyno. Most cars with an underdrive and exhaust pull off 220rwhp from what I've seen.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
chadder1313 said:
Every car is diffrent.
So is every dyno. Depending on where you live the SAE corrections on a forced induction car can also be very generous or spot on.

Higher elevations are a good example....a car that dynos 350 rwhp in Denver may only show 325 in St. Louis with the same ambient temp because of the correction factor being used for the elevation. The higher elevation/ thinner air hurts the normally aspirated cars much more than ones with forced induction. But the dyno treats them all the same.

David

1 - 13 of 13 Posts