TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it's a 94 lx with a 3.8 with a little under 100,000 miles and white with tan interior, lots of fairly new parts within the last couple of years i have replace the TPS, camshaft position sensor, MAF sensor, rebuilt the heads and replaced all gaskets, rebuilt the transmission, upgraded to a 200 amp alternator and replaced the brakes. the body is pretty clean. the only thing really wrong with it is it needs new tires and a new front x-member (it's bent about .4 cm on one side). I would like to sell it to pay for some upgrades on my truck but I'm not sure how much to ask. since replacing most of those part it has been driven very rarely since I drive my truck every day unless im working on it. amy help on how much i should ask for it would be appriciated.

thanks
Jason

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
How did the front crossmember get bent? Just wondering.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
upgrades on your truck nut? lmfao... yeah, maybe 2k... i paid 1500 for mine with bald tires and rusted rocker panels.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
less than you think? id gather 1k thats it needs work probally less than a 1000

·
Registered
267 Posts
well like this start a 1000 and work down...will it pass inspection with bald tires ? will it pass a emission test?....ok if not how much to fix it to pass them test? then start your price ? gl start at 800 as is

·
Registered
958 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
My 96 was 2900 with 74,000 miles, good paint, interior, after market posi and the suspesion and engine are perfect. So, take 500-600 off for two years older, another 400 for the v-6 and 200 if the paint is less than good and another 200 is interior sucks. the alternator isn't a selling point, i would put the stock on on it and sell the 200 amp. The front crossmember damage is a possible problem. I would say 1400...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Depending how quick you need to sell it, Id start with maybe $2,200. Sounds like a clean, reliable ride so I’m sure someone would bite eventually.

If you needed the cash fast you probably could sell it quick for $1,500. Id prob buy it for $1,500 for my sister if it was closer.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
How did the front crossmember get bent? Just wondering.
And i'm still wondering... although i'm not sure I want to know how that happens, or why you would actually know it's 0.4cm out? lol :zdunno:

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Of course we all know, a car is only worth as much as somone is willing to pay for it. If you find a t-bird guy, they will most likely be looking for a V8 unless it was a SC which i assume it isn't. So your best bet would be to sell it to someone looking for a good work car. It's sad but blame Ford, the Mustang, and the morons in the general pubic who really could care less about our cars.

C.Hill

1 - 19 of 19 Posts