TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, kind of a "Stupid" question, but when changing the tranny fluid, how much fluid should come out? Not removing the VB, and draining the fluid from the pan.
I have a Mark VIII t/c and cooler.................

I was hella nervous when I changed it (months ago) after my mishap a year and a half ago, and that damn dipstick is so hard to read..... not sure whether the fluid on the dipstick is just fluid in the tube etc... since it's only a thin coating on the stick.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Are you going to disconnect one of the cooler lines and drain it from there? If it were me, i'd disconnect a cooler line, drain it from there (with the motor running) until the fluid started to spurt out. Then i'd drop the pan and empty what ever is in there out and wipe the pan out. Once the fluid starts to spurt, shut the car off right then. It's bad on the pump for it to pump air. Using this method you should be able to get as much fluid out as possible. Since you're emptying the TC, the lines, and the VB/Trans. In addtion to dropping the pan and emptying any fluid thats left.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I should have been more specific.
I already changed it a couple months ago, just now decided to ask. Meant to post when I was changing it, but didn't, now I have my reasons to :leftright

1 - 3 of 3 Posts