TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to sell it, but I am not sure how much to ask.

Pics are here.

It has 75k, leather, cruise, power lock and windows, 3.8 v6.

Mechanically it works perfectly. Cosmetically it is in need of work as you can see from the pics.

If anyone has the time I would appreciate and suggestions for an asking price.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Well, considering it's a V6, it looses points with a lot of people due to the performance/reliability issues with those motors...

It needs a new door, probably quarter too...that looks like a pretty bad gash...needs a hood (nice pre 96 hood lol)

Needs lights up front

Needs fenders up front

The interior and a lot of the rest of the car looks pretty clean.

I'd give you 1500 bucks for it. I'd give you 2K if it was a V8, but I'm not looking to buy a new car at the moment ;(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The door and quarter are repairable. I have already had a body guy look at them. He said it could be drilled and popped. The only damage on the fender is on the tip. The other fender is perfect.

The hood is definitley an issue. Needs a 96-97 hood, I have the grille though.
Front passenger turn signal has a crack, but headlights are fine. (a little yellowing on one.

Oh...and brand new tires.

Should have mention this earlier I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
around here in new england, you would probably get $500 for it AT BEST. It is hard to sell a car that needs that much work to look good. Not everyone is mechanically inclined. Personally, I would ask $1000 for it to start and hope you get that much...

Just tellin ya how it is up here... I hope it's different down there for your sake

John

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$500! WOW..I am glad i don't live there. I assume most people there would be expecting to deal with a ton of rust though.

I did some research...edmunds places it's value at around 3000 with no damage, I am sure the bodywork could be completed for under a grand...so i will most likely shoot for 2k.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
I am not sure you could get it done for less than a grand...

New hood
New fender
pull dents in door
pull dents in quater panel
new lenses

without looking those up, i would guess that you are looking at 700 right there. Then you have to figure in prep time, paint to make the car match again, probably another 700... I would think it would be closer to $1500 in body work based upon those pictures...

That is just a guess... I know I wouldn't spend $2000 on a car that needed that much work unless it was a rare car. The only good thing going for you are the cheap new tires (i guess you paid $50 or so each) and the good interior... other than that it needs alot of work...

Again, I am just offering my opinion. This is not meant to be a demeaning post by any means, just my 2 cents...

John

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Litning said:
I am not sure you could get it done for less than a grand...

New hood
New fender
pull dents in door
pull dents in quater panel
new lenses

without looking those up, i would guess that you are looking at 700 right there. Then you have to figure in prep time, paint to make the car match again, probably another 700... I would think it would be closer to $1500 in body work based upon those pictures...

That is just a guess... I know I wouldn't spend $2000 on a car that needed that much work unless it was a rare car. The only good thing going for you are the cheap new tires (i guess you paid $50 or so each) and the good interior... other than that it needs alot of work...

Again, I am just offering my opinion. This is not meant to be a demeaning post by any means, just my 2 cents...

John
Hood (OEM NOS) 265
Fender 60
turn signal lense 40

Totalled 365. If you have it painted at ford...I am sure it would cost a fortune. Otherwise, it can be done nicely and economically.

The "cheap" tires were about 55 each. Not expensive, but with a 35,000 warranty, well worth the price for a 3.8 v6 driver.

***Greenbird..could you explain your formula to me?

I do apreciate everyone's input by the way.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
I am not talking getting it painted at a dealer, but not at maaco either... there will be alot of prep time involved to get the fender, door, hood and quater painted to match, and the paint it self... the parts themselves will be cheap, but it's the labor that will kill the price...

John

·
Registered
437 Posts
Honestly I would say its about a 6-700 dollar car as it sits. To have a shop do all the work, its going to cost about what greenbird said. A decent body shop is going to charge you an arm and a leg fixing the door and 1/4, that alone is probably near 1k in getting it fixed(I say that because fromt he look in the pics, it looks like it messed with the door jam too which is a pita to get perfect again), painted and blended to match with the rest of the car. Then add in the hood and fender plus paint and blending.

But hey, good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts