TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,294 Posts
Hopefully less than $100...

http://www.dirtydogperformance.com/transmission-rebuild-kits-and-parts/aod/aode/4r70w/lube-mod-kit/prod_57.html

This piece is probably easier to install than the bushing, and it has the lube mod added.

(I was looking at this the other night, so it was fresh in my mind. I'm still trying to decide how much $ damage I can do trying to do the lube mod. :D )

That would put a ceiling on it for me; a few hours of my spare time is way cheaper than the $75 an hour that most shops charge, lol.

YMMV. :)

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Are you talking about the tranmsission seal or ther engine seal?
Either way this car isn't like most, you have to completely remove the driveshaft however you will need to drop the gas tank or the transmission to do that. I actually prefer removing the transmission tot he gas tank, but I have lots of practice.
Alan

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was referring to the rear tranny seal, Alan.
It doesn't leak too bad.... leaving small spots on the driveway and pizzing off my daughter.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Yeah you just have to drop the tank and remove the driveshaft, Once the exhaust is off and the gas tank is dropped it will be easy.
Alan

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Are you talking about the tranmsission seal or ther engine seal?
Either way this car isn't like most, you have to completely remove the driveshaft however you will need to drop the gas tank or the transmission to do that. I actually prefer removing the transmission tot he gas tank, but I have lots of practice.
Alan
To hijack this thread.... :D

How do you do that? Separate the U joint, move the driveshaft to the side and then drop the transmission?

I ask because... will that work for doing a T45 swap? I assume the driveshaft will come out from the front once the tranny is out of the way)

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I take the 4 mounting bolts out of the differential and let it swing on the axles. Then slide the driveshaft above the differential, remove transmission and remove driveshaft out the front.
Alan

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I take the 4 mounting bolts out of the differential and let it swing on the axles. Then slide the driveshaft above the differential, remove transmission and remove driveshaft out the front.
Alan
Thanks! I absolutely HATE dropping the gas tank!! :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts