TCCoA Forums banner

How much?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  94 Daily Driven 4.6L 
#1 ·
Anyone have any idea what a fair price would be to replace the rear seal?

#2 ·
Hopefully less than $100...

http://www.dirtydogperformance.com/...arts/aod/aode/4r70w/lube-mod-kit/prod_57.html

This piece is probably easier to install than the bushing, and it has the lube mod added.

(I was looking at this the other night, so it was fresh in my mind. I'm still trying to decide how much $ damage I can do trying to do the lube mod. :D )

That would put a ceiling on it for me; a few hours of my spare time is way cheaper than the $75 an hour that most shops charge, lol.

YMMV. :)

#3 ·
Are you talking about the tranmsission seal or ther engine seal?
Either way this car isn't like most, you have to completely remove the driveshaft however you will need to drop the gas tank or the transmission to do that. I actually prefer removing the transmission tot he gas tank, but I have lots of practice.
Alan

#6 ·
Are you talking about the tranmsission seal or ther engine seal?
Either way this car isn't like most, you have to completely remove the driveshaft however you will need to drop the gas tank or the transmission to do that. I actually prefer removing the transmission tot he gas tank, but I have lots of practice.
Alan
To hijack this thread.... :D

How do you do that? Separate the U joint, move the driveshaft to the side and then drop the transmission?

I ask because... will that work for doing a T45 swap? I assume the driveshaft will come out from the front once the tranny is out of the way)

#8 ·
Thanks! I absolutely HATE dropping the gas tank!! :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.