TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went out and looked on y tires. I am looking good. Next neighbor just got a 09 HHR today, 09, tires made 33week of 08. Now if his truck just rolled off the line in the last month or so his are a year old already.

·
Registered
483 Posts
def something to check if your grabbing tires. I myself knew about this date being stamped awhile back.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Interesting article. My tires were manufactured the 14th week of 2007. I'm good to go as long as I forgo the nice smoky burnouts and clover leaf races.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
wow never knew what those numbers where for... i just bought my tires a half year ago ill have to go see how old they actually are now. its really kinda spooky to think that tires like those can be sold like that

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
That is kind of creepy I will check mine first thing tomorrow! I think I will link that video on my face book for others to see.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
checked mine. the two rear ones i just bought and there are 4 numbers. last 2 are 08. so I'm good. now i got scared when i got to the front. only 3 numbers with the last one being a big fat 0. so my front tires were made in 1990?!?!?! the car is a 2003! when i first got the car i noticed the tires on it looked dry rotted. hopefully i get new front ones too. thats terrible!

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,453 Posts
My dad bought an old '88 Eldorado... the right rear tire said 090... March 1990!? Time to change that one! The tires I bought at the beginning of this year ranged from being 15-11 months old when I had them mounted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts