TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering.. How many do you see on the road these days? I know in my area, it is rare to see one still rolling. I have seen many on the side of the road with rusty rockers and their flashers on. Even on Craigslist, there isn't many for sale. On TCCoA, there isn't a steady stream of nice cars listed for sale.

Is it just me or have alot of them turned into Chinese replacement fenders? :D

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
In San Francisco bay area they seemed as common as V6 Mustangs and Civics.

However since I moved to rural mountain country they are kind of rare. There are 2 reds, 1 green, 1 black, 2 whites, 1 pearl (If I had better job security and more hours I would make him an offer:)),1 tan (mine). I think I am the only one that daily drives (Including in the snow) and once I get my dirty dog converter probably be the quickest T-Bird in the valley :)

Also a couple Mark VIIIs and a few Cougars.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I see a few from time to time.. I got to show off beside a dude in a 94/5 v8 bird 2day with mine. Lol I don't even think he realized mine was a tbird hahaha

·
Registered
523 Posts
I see a few from time to time.. I got to show off beside a dude in a 94/5 v8 bird 2day with mine. Lol I don't even think he realized mine was a tbird hahaha

just because someone owns/drives a perticular type of car doesnt make them a car guy, cars are purchused as just transportation by the majority of people and now at the age of these vehicles young kids pick them up for a first car to get them around which is how i got into the mess im in owning 3 of them

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Two besides mine still rolling around in my town. One is a white 94/95 and driven by a high school kid.

The other is a black 96/97 that looks pretty good but the guy was using it as a winter driver. Sooo.....it'll start rusting out very soon. :(

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
They are pretty common around here. Almost no one mods them though.

·
Super Moderator
16,819 Posts
One or two a day or so. City/suburbs around here are still relatively littered with them. I see MN12s more often actually than Monte Carlos of the same vintage.

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
I feel like I see a lot but i bet it is much less common than I think, I can always spot one from a mile away; I'll be riding with my friends and I'll say "Thunderbird!" and they'll just give me that look.. lol.
wow... i do the exact same thing lol. now my wife does it:tongue:

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
Ironically, there aren't a whole lot around here. I see maybe an average of one every week or two. I know of three (excluding my own) that I have seen "regularly" - my fiancee's dad's red 97, someone who works at the school across the street has a red 96/97, and someone in town has a red 97 LE.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'm lucky if I see one a week. It's closer to about 1-2 per month. There's a green one in town, it's either a 96 or 97 Sport, I've seen it a few times.

·
Registered
258 Posts
In WA, I saw four that were regularly driven around my town (only one that was well cared for and likely modded), but I couldn't take a trip more than 20 miles without seeing 2 or 3, usually driven by old women or kids. In NY, I see maybe one a week.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
They are very common here, as even things that have rust issues will never rust out. Oddly enough, Az has the slowest non postingness forum here, most of them are driven by elderly people smoking cigarettes and using oxygen. Even the modified ones are usually on 13 inch wheels and painted red metal flake and have a mural on the hood.

·
Administrator
8,007 Posts
Not many here, New England winters have done a job a lot of them in. Even when I get my car inspected, the guy pulls mine out and says "you don't see a lot of these anymore." :(

Joe

·
pendejo
430 Posts
I hadn't seen one in a couple of years but for some reason I've seen more MN12 Thunderbirds this summer than I think I ever have before... probably like six...

I haven't seen another Cougar in almost a year... Kinda sad in a way but I like owning the only one around.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
There's a blue sport that an older lady around the corner from me has. I also see a pearl white 96/97 one every now and again. Most of the Tbirds around here are transportation and not modded and it shows in the rockers......

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I see tons in the Virginia Beach area. They are almost as common as civics! Most are still in pretty good shape as well.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I have been seeing less and less in Northern California. I see a few in the Sacramento area but lately they have been driven by lower income, higher complected drivers. I still see a couple nice cars driven by older drivers, so at least some of the cars are still decent.

Up here in Chico CA there are quite a bit more MN12s, I see one or two driving around every time I go somewhere. A couple of them are kind of rough, but most are in good shape.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts