TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the first time I've changed mine in 1,862 days - and I wouldn't have done it now except I was forced to.

I used this app: +/- Days from a date

... and calculated that May 11, 2011 is the last time I changed it.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I'm curious what mine will say. It's probably around 5,000 days, since I'm pretty sure I have never changed it.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Mine was from my start date, but it was a strong password (I work in IT, so it's habit).

What upsets me is that I heard about the issue of car forums being hacked recently, so I changed my password on all my forums this morning, only to be forced to again this evening.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
How do you find out how old your password is?

·
Super Moderator
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you find out how old your password is?
The site will tell how many days old it is when you're directed to update it.

Mine was from my start date, but it was a strong password (I work in IT, so it's habit).

What upsets me is that I heard about the issue of car forums being hacked recently, so I changed my password on all my forums this morning, only to be forced to again this evening.
Interesting. I hadn't heard about this; Jalopnic just ran a story on it yesterday:

45 Million Accounts Hacked At Some Of The Biggest Car Forums

·
Registered
1,910 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
I didn't copy it, but it said it like 16,xxx days old! :eek:

Joe
Can't be that old. That would be like 43 years. 6xxx maybe. Thats 16 years.

I've never changed mine. So going by my join date of June 03 I am at about 4749 with 4 leap year days added in.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
2,755 days old..

I haven't been forced to change it yet.. :zdunno:

Rayo..

·
Registered
111 Posts
I know its for security measures, but being forced to use uppercase letters and symbols is the reason I have so many accounts I cant get in to anymore.

·
Super Moderator
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get a password manager program with a master password to store your passwords in and keep it up to date. There are may to choose from out there ...

Let me google that for you

Most sites will send you a recovery PW if you use the forgot/lost password link and enter your registration email address.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I know its for security measures, but being forced to use uppercase letters and symbols is the reason I have so many accounts I cant get in to anymore.
It seems a bit over the top to me. I know why they're doing it, but we're fixing 20 yr old cars here, not each others financial investments!

·
Super Moderator
10,294 Posts
I hadn't changed mine since 2005, apparently.

:grin2:

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I had never changed mine. Never had much reason to. Even if someone were to hack it, no skin off my back.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Was the same old easy password from my join date up until I was forced.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
August 2002. 5000 and change days. Ha.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts