TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody out there owning a Accelerated Race Technologies exhuast can help me with determining whether or not if they are legit or reliable? they just told me that they wont accept credit cards over the phone and that i have to send in a money order... problem is that im not gonna send a money order of 800 some dollars across the US and then have nothing come back in return.....illl have no recourse if that should happen... shouldnt a big company like ART be able to take credit card over the phone??? i cant even order off their website through paypal or some other dedicated system like that.... any response would be appreciated thanks guys....

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I agree!!!

There is no way I will do business with a company that does not accept credit cards, or at least have a PayPal account, especially with that amount. $100 or $200 is one thing, but $800 is "noticeable". :eek:

If they want your $800, ask them to send their product COD..... Fair is fair! If they balk at that (which they probably will), I'd tell them to have a good day.

Just my .02. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Some companies don't do credit cards because it costs them money. And paypal charges a fee. 4% on $800 is a big fee for doing a business transaction.

From what I've heard it's a great system. But personally I couldn't justify the cost without having heard the system in person. So I spent about $500 tweaking my own custom exhaust until I was happy. Next time around, I might buy the ART system though.

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
I sent ART a check for the price of the system...NOT shipping, he asked me for the "rest" once I recieved it...I felt that was fair...I got his system in a timely matter, workmanship is better then on my 95,(paid $500 for a regular bent 2" system) and he was very helpful in any questions I had...I back him up...Also, The system sounds GREAT!!!!!!! And I Love Mandrel bends :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Don't worry, He's good you can trust him. I sent him a personal check next day and got my system with no problems in a week. Mine cost me $1,000+ $40 for shipping and I would do it again. I love the system it's great!:D

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
ART is a TCCoA Preferred Vendor for a reason. They make a great product and have a great reputation. I would not worry about it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
n20powaracr said:
shouldnt a big company like ART be able to take credit card over the phone??? ..
ART is not a big company, I doubt that he has a merchant account for processing credit cards. Like Bill said, hes a prefered vendor for a reason, I would have no problem sending him my money in any form.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Tim, john, Aaron, Rob, Pooper, and I all live an hour south of ART...if you have a problem, im sure one of us could take a drive to their shop;)

joseph

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
I can take credit cards through paypal, why can't he?

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
kdanner said:
I can take credit cards through paypal, why can't he?
Paypal takes like 4% on credit card transactions.. not to mention that paypal likes to screw people over.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
NRL said:

Paypal takes like 4% on credit card transactions.. not to mention that paypal likes to screw people over.
Everybody takes a percentage on credit card transactions.

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
kdanner said:

Everybody takes a percentage on credit card transactions.
Yea, but 4% is fairly high.. hence why american express is accepted in less places then VISA and MC in the US.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
I just think it's because it is a small business, now I don't want to speculate on anything, but if anyone here runs a small business you know how much you can write off, maybe you can figure out the rest. If it boils down to it, if it costs more to operate a CC business, then charge your consumer 4% more for the transaction using that method. The ART equipment is top notch, and I never had a problem getting a hold of him when I had questions, he responded fastly and was straight to the point.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
NRL said:

Yea, but 4% is fairly high.. hence why american express is accepted in less places then VISA and MC in the US.
Actually it's 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. Now if you choose to lose a customer over a mere 2.9% then I just consider that idiotic, secondly, all business's are charged a fee by the CC companies..... you are paying to use the service of not having to deal with cash/checks or leave as much at risk.

Paypal doesn't rip people off, only the people using it rip other people off.

-J

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I put mine on last month. They are eay to deal with. I thought it was weird that they would not take my credit card. But what an awesome exhaust. It sounds great, too.

I believe they did lower their prices, mine was $865 shipped to AZ with high flow cats and Magnaflows.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Does the ART system *have* to have the mufflers right near the end??? I don't really like them showing like that. Can that be changed?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts