TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna have my exhaust come out the side before the tire but there is obvisley the tank there. how close can i get the pipes to it withought possing a issue if at all?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
please?

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
I thought the primary concern with trying to install side pipes, is the location of the fuel line along the passenger side.

With regard to your question, here is my opinion;

Take a look at how close the stock exhaust pipe is to the fuel tank, and don't get any closer to it than that.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I know on my 94, where the exhaust goes above the tank there is a metal heat shield and also thick reflective insulation that is taped to the gas tank. So a lot of engineering went into trying to protect the plastic tank from excessive heat right from the factory. :beek:

MHO is that between the lack of clearance, the plastic fuel lines on the passenger side, and the necessary clearance to the plastic fuel tank makes the side pipe configuration not realistically feasible.

IMHO. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well my exhaust is kinda rigged up and i dont really wanna put a ton of money into it.. right now it has stock cats then it goes into 2 flowmasters like under the middle ive never rubbed nething its probly mabee 2 inches low. then i was thinking mabee just running some pipes 2 along the drivers side but not out of the pinch weld just so u cant see em but they will take the smoke and stuff out of the underside.

·
The Parts Guy
7,342 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
where the exhaust goes above the tank
The exhaust goes beneath the tank, the driveshaft is above the tank. But you're right, there is a protective sheild both above and below the tank.

-Rod

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Put a fuel cell in the trucnk and run the exhaust where ever you want :cool:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
racecougar said:

The exhaust goes beneath the tank, the driveshaft is above the tank. But you're right, there is a protective sheild both above and below the tank.

-Rod
Yeah, that's what I said... :leftright :zwall:
Sorry, my bad. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
i know that this is not the same subject but it has to do with exhaust. i was wondering if it would cause a problem to end the exhaust pipes right after the differential, would the exhaust come back into the car or heat the trunk up to much any input would be apreciated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mines like that now.. i havent had any problem yet but im gonna put turndowns on come winter.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i got the idea from a pic i saw in the exhaust section in the tech articals, but i wasn't sure if they where going to finish running out the back. kinda like they had taken a pic part of the way through.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I ended mine at the diff for a few months.. and my back bumper deformed.. just warning you..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts