TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part of the problem adding a B&M Transmission cooler with a fan is the lack of space due to power steering cooler interference. I found more room by using a early 90s Taurus power steering cooler It allows 2 additional inches of clearance I did have to trim about 1 inch off the hoses and drill 2 new holes.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
what supergordo and I did when we put on in his brothers bird was just bend the brackets on the cooler... i don't recall if it was bent up or down but I know we bent the brackets to so the stock cooler would clear. PS invest $5 in some better hose clamps!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I bought the biggest cooler Summit made and squeezed it between the radiator and condenser. Tranny never gets over 160F in the Florida summer.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
I bent my factory cooler out of the way like was previously mentioned in this thread. It never did much for cooling the way it was placed, so I eliminated it altogether and haven't had a problem with the oil overheating at all. I run Mercon in there, not generic hydraulic steering oil, and it seems to work well and stay cleaner too.

Next I'm going to make up some -AN lines, I don't know what Ford was thinking when they designed the high pressure side of the system, but the line runs all over the place before connecting to the inlet port on the rack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts