TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure my 4r70w is not the one that came in my car. I know my uncle changed it out for my dad at some point in time. Now my uncle had it in his fox mustang 2v motor swap and ended up switching to a tko500 instead of the auto. How can I ID what year and what car my tranny came out of. I want to do a jmod very soon and i see we have 2 people here who can sell me the stuff I need (dirtydog and RobertP) I would like to know what I have so I order what i need correctly so i can do my jmod right the first time.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my tag was there and I have an F6SP-AA so it is a 96-97 t-bird/cougar trans. Mice to know I already have the better trans. Now for the jmod.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After talking to my dad he had put the tranny in. He told me he got it out of a 96 T-bird. Being as the tranny is now in 94 cougar I am bit worried. My dad did not change anything electrical. I believe there were a few things that were supposed to be used off of the 94 tranny in the car?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I have found about 50% of 97 models have the mechanical diode. The 96 transmission needed the tcc solenoid swapped.
Alan

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I have found about 50% of 97 models have the mechanical diode. The 96 transmission needed the tcc solenoid swapped.
Alan
Hmm, I can assume my 97 doesn't, one in 10000 WOT and backing off a little 1-2 shifts it "neutrals". Since nearly every 1-2 and 2-3 shift is at or near WOT, it can happen twice a week.

I do know that it had the aluminum accumulator pistons, not sure if that means it likely doesn't have the mech diode or not.

And the OP did say it was a "better" transmission than the 94, not the best. My 97 has put up with quite a bit of abuse but might be telling me it is time to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts