TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I think he's talking about the actual gauges, since 97's don't have a battery or oil temp gauges.
Couple options, either convert to 94/95 gauge cluster, which requires some of the 94/95 trim pieces as well. Or try Summit or Ebay for them. Autometer is suposed to be a good company. You can get a n A-piller gauge pod (for 2 gauges) here for $27.

You are right though, Scott does do excellent work :)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Haitham said:
are they easy to hook up? the pod and gauges i mean
Not really sure about that. I would assume the pod would alomst be a snap-on process. The battery you just have to tap into your voltage regulator I think. Oil temp uses an "oil temp sending unit", but not where it would be at.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Haitham said:
are they easy to hook up? the pod and gauges i mean
i'll let ya know in about a week. just ordered the a pillar 2 pod with and two auto-meter gauges for about 100 bucks. i just wanted trans temp but have another hole to fill so went with another volt meter. don't need it with a 96, but what the heck. :ztoohot:

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I have the same question basically. I plan on installing an oil pressure and Voltmeter where the useless ashtray now resides. I've done work like this before but it was on a much simpler 73 Mustang! Any idea where the oil pressure sending unit would be, or where I could install one?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Aaron_T said:
After work I will see if my manual shows where they are at (Chilton's), and I will let you know :)
Appreciate the help. I'll be looking forward to the information.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Sht my bad dude, fell asleep. Only got 1.5 hours of sleep last night lol.
Will be heading down to my work in a bit though.

K, I was looking through the manual, when I realized how "great" it is :rolleyes:
I was just gonna give you the exact color of what I thought would be the best place for the voltage lead. However I remembered that the color/wiring diagram in this thing is not accurate.
So, in that case, you can really just go to any switched 12 volt source for a signal. I would think tapping into the ign. switch to alternator wire would be the best choice, which my book says is red/lt. grn coming off the ignition, and lt. grn/red at the alternator, but hopefully someone with a real manual will post (doubt it though
:leftright ). The power wire going to the rear defroster or ignition wire going to the stereo maybe a good choice as far as ease of finding since they are "right" there.

As for the oil pressure gauge. There may already be a plug for a sending unit located on the block near the oil filter. If there is just put your new sending unit there, if not, you "should" be able to just tap into the pan like Nuhboy said.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Is the oil in the pan under pressure? I'm planning on using mechanical not electrical gauges.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Just a personal preference.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yea, I know. but I've used them before and never had any problem with them. Just gotta be cautious and run the lines safely.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts