TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I searched and I looked at the tech articles. I have had a 80 mil l maf and the adapter and the injectors for like 1.5 yr. now and finally ordered the chip. How does everybody adapt the maf to the intake tube. Do you have to get the mustang one and if so then is it a direct replacement, is there easier and cheaper ways that will be just as effective or what?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
The mustang intake tube is a direct replacement. I have it for my 80 mm LMAF. You might be able to fit it on your intake tube with a lot of choice words, it is a tight fit if you get it on.

I am not sure of any other way other than custom making your own or buying a Richard M intake tube for the 96 - 97 4.6.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts

There is a adapter you can buy if thats what you are looking for. Off the front page look for the "Most Wanted Parts" link. In there will be info on those adapters.

-Shawn

·
2,118 Posts
Midnight,

In case that the adapter you say you have is the wiring pigtail to adapt to the new MAF connections, you don't need it for an LMAF with your car.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually i have the acufab adapter pictured above. I was wondering about the wiring, cause it looks like its the same thing. I wasn't sure if I needed the harness or not. So I don't need which is great. I really wanted to find a chrome intake tube and stuff but no luck so far. Oh well. Thanks for not killin me guys. Last which year mustang tube 99? my guess.

·
2,118 Posts
Good question on the gt intake tube? I don't think it has changed so I am going to say 96 - 03. You can check with a ford dealershp to find out if there is any year that has a difference!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
"The connector on the L-MAF is the late model style. Use F68Z-12A690-AA wire assembly and cut off the other end to allow it to be spliced into the stock wiring. The wiring pinouts match the stock, A to A , B to B, C to C, D to D."

"Installing the Lightning 80mm MAF" artricle here.

I had to take the LMAF wiring harness and cut it to fit into the old one because one of the ends is different on the Lighthing as it is on the bird. I dont remember if this needed to be done for the 96+ too or not.

·
2,118 Posts
Shawn,

The tech article says that the 96 Tbird needs the wiring pigtail and the 97 does not. Unfortunately the tech article is wrong as the 96 and 97 have the same MAF connections, so he doesn't need the wiring pigtail. I found out the hard way!

Midnight,

I honestly cannot remember what year my GT intake tube came from. I am positive though that a 96 - 03 will work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts