TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are a few ways to get the trunk lid open on a car at the JY? About the only ways I can think of are to take the back seat out and go at it that way. Maybe prying up on the corner of the trunk until you can get a good shot at the hinge bolts. Anyone got any FASTER ways of opening it.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
3oz of C4 and some primacord :D

hopefully the car has fold downs.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I just take out the back seat and pop it open my lock picking skills arent t hat great from the outside of the car

unless you can get juice to to the trunk release?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pnyklr said:
a forklift through the leds ?
That is funny!! :D It does not have fold down seats. I would go have the owner get the fork lift, but the LED panel is the all red pair that I have been looking for from a 96. They only want $15 for the LED's, $25 for all the rear lights.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
how bout with one of those emergency jump start thingies? and just use the power release.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is the trunk release with the key needed to open the trunk. I dont think the power supply would work. Or would it?

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
if it is locked just pull the console cover and short the leads together.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
the hammer and screwdriver way is harder than you think, i've done it a few times and it sucks, takes forever, the easiest way without the key, is to use the power release with either the emergency jumpstart power supply, or with another car battery. doesn't even have to be fully charged since the power release isn't that power hungry.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Key??

Did you look to see if the Key is hanging there. Some yards leave the keys, Like hanging from a bumper bolt. I have seen that.

·
Registered
514 Posts
all the yards around here put the keys under the drivers seat....try a 9v batt that should be enough to get the trunk release to work...

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
The yard doesn't have a cutting torch? Just cut right thru the trunklid and be ready with the water hose.

Or just burn the lock out.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Climb through back seat and unbolt the latch, it's three 8mm bolts if i remember correctly.

-Miller

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Just smack it with a hammer 50 times and see what happens. lol, jk. I had to pry open a door a couple months back, try using a long bar-crowbar, just pry the sucker open. Junk yards would let you use it.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Just one more thing that I have found from experience of trying to get things apart/open in ways they were not meant to. Two things often happen:

1. You break what you are ultimately trying to remove, hence making it a complete waste of your time
2. It takes way more time than if you had just taken it apart the correct way

-Miller

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
umm, jump start pack, power trunk release, easy.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts