TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a run-in with a stag deer that jumped in front of my 97 4.6. The car and I survived, the deer did not (flew right over the car - hit him square in the gut - good thing I was going 60 - otherwise it would have been the windshield and me!). Hard to believe but I drove the car home - no structural or mechanical damage at all! I Replaced driver's airbag, full headlight assembly and hood from another 97 parts Tbird I have. But - I am unable to figure out or find data on how to remove the passenger airbag. I got under the airbag and removed all the bolts I can find but there is a row of metal pins (?Circular metal heads with a center pin?) that appear to be holding the airbag in. Can anyone tell me or refer me to information about how to remove the full assembly? I would be eternally grateful! PS: Don't worry - I am following all the safety precautions dealing with airbags...0:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,827 Posts
Those pins aren't what you remove, those only hold the rubber dash section to the main support cage. There are 4 8mm bolts that hold it in that are secured to the dash frame(the two bare metal support sections directly below the airbag cage on each end), once removed the whole assembly slides out, don't forget to remove the connector for the igniter.

You're going to need new(or used unblown) airbag sensors as well

·
Registered
404 Posts
While your over there, a new module also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts