TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit:
Removed all reveal moldings..
Best solution for diy refinish for reveal molding?
They're all in good shape in comparison to most out there
But I want to really make em nice.
I thought about a light textured rock guard spray or actual primer and paint and clear.
Whats a good way to coat these doing these as a back yard garage job ...if I'm not looking for a perfect repaint and want to just top coat them with something to fill in minor peeled and chipped areas to last as long as it's black in color what's good at the auto parts to use .
The only real rubber i see is a 1/4" or less lip that sits over the windows like a seal the rest is like a coated aluminum seems to be

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,520 Posts
I stripped the rubberized/oxidized junk off mine back in 2009 with plan sandpaper, then primed and painted them using the Duplicolor spray cans off the shelf of the auto parts store. 8 years later it still looks fantastic.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stripped the rubberized/oxidized junk off mine back in 2009 with plan sandpaper, then primed and painted them using the Duplicolor spray cans off the shelf of the auto parts store. 8 years later it still looks fantastic.
Just finished the rear lower
I did a textured spray liner then duplicolor flexible spray paint with clear .Looks better then before .
If I get time I'll go your route if I can find a way to trip the spray loner down to the aluminum

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just finished the rear lower
I did a textured spray liner then duplicolor flexible spray paint with clear .Looks better then before .
If I get time I'll go your route if I can find a way to trip the spray loner down to the aluminum

I may even 3m vinyl wrap over them now that they are filled and coated

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
How do these come off again?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do these come off again?
The uppers they Pull out and press back in ...
Grab your fingers or a butter knife under the edge of trim on window side on the uppers "gently" pry upward some it will unclip..all the way across the rear front and back glass.
The single lower rear glass molding slide the round tabs backwards with a flat head or tool they are located in front rubber trunk seal "don't pry up" or theyll break
There is maybe 8- 10 round locking tabs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts