TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what I would call these (look at the picture below):

But I feel I should replace them. The plastic is cracked pretty badly on both of them and bothers me a little-bit. Any idea how to easily replace them / where to buy new ones? And finally what's the real name for them? Thanks for any advice in advance.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
johnnyx said:
Not sure what I would call these.....But I feel I should replace them. The plastic is cracked pretty badly on both of them and bothers me a little-bit. Any idea how to easily replace them / where to buy new ones? And finally what's the real name for them? Thanks for any advice in advance.

The generic service manual description is that they are the license plate lamps. The license plate lamp bulbs are located inside them. To remove the lamps, remove the plastic rivets that hold them in place. If you have to change bulbs at some time: to get to the bulbs, reach through the access hole once the lamps/rivets are removed.

Where to buy them? The dealership...list price is about $19.00.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much. The lights are good, the plastic is just really cracked and doesn't look good. Sorry for not knowing the name, English isn't my first language, hehe, I keep trying to translate stuff and sometimes can't think of right names. Thanks again.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
johnnyx said:
Thank you very much. The lights are good, the plastic is just really cracked and doesn't look good. Sorry for not knowing the name, English isn't my first language, hehe, I keep trying to translate stuff and sometimes can't think of right names. Thanks again.
Not a problem.

Here's one last illustration from the service manual, to help you out.

Ebbedeh ebbedeh ebbedeh, that's all, folks!

·
Banned
5,377 Posts

sit in your trunk looking up at the trunk lid. you'll see 2 white plugs that are aimed towards the licsense plate. you'll see how to take them off

there yah go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts