TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91' 5.0 HO lx bird... And i think ever sence i messed with my battery my keypad on my door dosent work... I thought there was some button in the back of the trunk that was a reset button... I thought it was near the fuel cut off switch...

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
thanks
8astang out!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
8astang, the newer cars have a connection that can be jumped to reset the remote for keyless entry, but i dont know about the keypads. try on the left side of the trunk, almost where your gas cap would be if it were on that side. if its there and it actually works, youll need a paper clip or something metal to jump it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Helm manual says this: "To program temporary code, press 1/2 button within five seconds of the last command. Enter any alternate five digit code within five seconds of pressing the 1/2 button."

Regards,
Bob P.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i will try

Thanks guys i will try that tomorrow morning and see what i can do..

I was wondering J-Rob what do u have done to ur bird?

Mine runs a 15.1 @93.5mph in the Fl heat...

and my dyno #'s are 183.7 rwhp, and 240.6 torque....

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
not much, pullies, jerry chip, custom flowmaster exhaust,shift kit... ive got 4.10s too but i havent really gotten to test them out. im interested in seeing if they put my underdrive pullies onto the new motor tomorrow when i pick it up. new(er) engine only has 47k miles, as opposed to the 90k miles mine had :D

hopefully ill be in the 14's next week, but we'll see. right now im taking it day by day, just want my car back in my driveway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my list

Thats pretty good man, I've got an 91'5.0 ho bird. and i have
wires
msd coil
3.73 gears
fpr.
cold air intake
elec. fan
u/d pullies
phinolic (sp?) spacer
2.5" X pipe in to 2 flows
and one heavy foot.

I have to order a new mass air flow sensor,
and my buddy was telling me that on the 91 specificaly the 5.0 birds that
they have a new mass air out that is better than the stock one. He's a mechanic
and told me that i shouldnt replace with the oe one... He said he thought it was in a Jegs but i dont have the latest one.... do u know any thing about this???

later Jeff

·
Registered
286 Posts
8a: The keyless entry from the early 90s usually have a native code, the one that
comes up by default, and the provision to program your own custom code. The custom code disappears if you or a service guy ever disconnects the battery. You need the original code to program a custom code.

The native code is usally on a strip on the trunk hinge or somewhere thereabouts, and always on the keyless entry module itself, which is probably in the right fenderwell area. If you remove the module, a techie can figure out the code by noting the wiring of a group of 5 resistors inside.

If all the doors lock when you push, at the same time, the two rightmost buttons on the entry keypad, you module is probably OK.

Hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts