TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any tips on how to store a car outside?

I have a single bay carport but two vehicles that I really need to keep under it (the LSC and the 73 Cougar Convertible).

I have good covers for both of them, but what I’m worried about is any “scuffing” of edges caused by the covers rubbing on the corners during windy days. :beek:

I’ve looked at those aluminum frame carports, but I don’t want to drop a grand right now (plus the money for the leveling, gravel, etc…). :beek:

What I really need is a two or three car garage…. But that’s not going to happen any time soon!! :bawling:

Any thought, suggestions. :2huh:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
They make pop-up carports that you can buy for less than $200. They're basically an aluminum or steel framed tent that's wide and long enough to park one car inside.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
redneckcougarguy said:
try to get the bama chapter to have a garage razing at your house. thats my suggestion.

I think you mean raising?? :D

That is a thought... pour a suitable concrete pad, buy one of those prefab garages and once it's delivered host a meet with free beer - after the roof is on of course ;) . With everything preassembled most of it will go up in a day with 4 or 5 working on it, more just speeds things up.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The last time I had the "gang" over I had a work list that I was paying to have done (since some were whining about not having any money to come...)... I couldn't even get them to pick up branches in the yard!!! :beek:

And you think I can get them to help me build a garage!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can I have some of what you're smoking?!? :D

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
Can I have some of what you're smoking?!? :D
Only if you come help me build a garage. :D

I guess the one Ga/AL guy I've actually met in person wasn't representative of the group, at least he (NTenseTbird) didn't look that lazy. ;) Certainly worked hard on his car....

Heck, I'd ride up there and help if I wasn't old and useless and I thought I could mooch some lift time and tool borrowing off you later on. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
redneckcougarguy said:
yeah raising... i get those two words mixed up all the time :(
Don't sweat it, I was just pulling your leg. There's just a bit of difference.. ;) :)

94DD have you checked on this? http://www.carcapsule.com/

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
doodaa said:
Only if you come help me build a garage. :D

I guess the one Ga/AL guy I've actually met in person wasn't representative of the group, at least he (NTenseTbird) didn't look that lazy. ;) Certainly worked hard on his car....

Heck, I'd ride up there and help if I wasn't old and useless and I thought I could mooch some lift time and tool borrowing off you later on. :thumbsup:
The difference is that you would be going with the only intention of helping. I (as well as others) might have had good intentions on helping but when you start hanging out with the gang and no one else seems to want to do anything it definately doesn't help moral any on the work situation. I was kicking myself for not doing at least the easy things. I was already tired from an almost 5 hour drive and I knew that I was going to have to do that again in a few hours...I was just wanting to hang out with the people that I only get to see every few months. :D

Russell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts