TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a friend with water in the computer on their 04 f-150 3v. I was shocked when I got to the point that I didnt know how to take the PCM apart without possibly breaking something. I want to open it and dry it really good. Water seems to keep emanating into the connectors even though it hasnt rained since saturday. Dielectric grease and a plastic bag over the PCM doesnt fix this.

I also sealed the housing of the PCM with silicone, but I think this could create problems with venting the vapor. There is a rubber plug on the back of these PCMs, but what its there for, I dont know. It also throws various codes, but usually a p0119 for ect intermittent (is water coming through the wires?) and then some VCT and TAC codes.

Has anyone taken one of these apart without breaking it? It seems I have to break some sort of seal. I

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yay, havent had a thread moved in a while, if ever ;)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I found out that reprogramming a used one is much cheaper than buying new from the dealer. List on the pcm is $980 and it sitll has to be flashed $150. Junkyard pcm: $100+shipping and core + $150 for dealer to reprogram.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts