TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warm enough to grill. Brother's cleaning out the Cougar, behind me.
Cooked some steak, brats, chicken, and hot dogs. Used Excalibur steak rub. Good eatin'!

·
Administrator
8,099 Posts
Warm enough for freezing rain and a little snow mixed in! :(

Should be in the 40's though right through the weekend, so maybe I can fire the grill up! :ztoohot:

Joe

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I have never let weather stop my grilling, but where I live now, that isn't saying much.

Standing in front of a grill (natural gas, don't have the patience for charcoal, I grill 3 or 4 times a week) when it is 110 degrees outside it gets a little hot, but right now with it being a chilly 75 degrees it is nice to be around the flame.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Bangster said:
I have never let weather stop my grilling, but where I live now, that isn't saying much.

Standing in front of a grill (natural gas, don't have the patience for charcoal, I grill 3 or 4 times a week) when it is 110 degrees outside it gets a little hot, but right now with it being a chilly 75 degrees it is nice to be around the flame.
Chilly 75 degrees??? You have got to be kidding me man :p I would be in t-shirt and shorts if it was 75 degrees here. I sure wish it was 75 degrees over here in Ohio. This morning when I got in the car it was about 34 outside.

Ohio's weather is all out of wack. One day it was in the fortys, next day we had snow on the ground, then the very next day it was 55 degrees outside. It was been doing this all threw January.

Shane

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yesterday, and the past few days, I had to scrape frost off the window. Today I went outside without a jacket. Still a little chilly, but not near as much as it has been before. Only snowed here about 3 days. I just hope summer isn't hotter. Maybe it'll be colder? (I hope.)

·
Registered
488 Posts
quick35th said:
Chilly 75 degrees??? You have got to be kidding me man :p I would be in t-shirt and shorts if it was 75 degrees here. I sure wish it was 75 degrees over here in Ohio. This morning when I got in the car it was about 34 outside.

Ohio's weather is all out of wack. One day it was in the fortys, next day we had snow on the ground, then the very next day it was 55 degrees outside. It was been doing this all threw January.

Shane
Your right about that Shane.I've been sick three times this winter because of the temp. changes.Compared to the flu once in 5 yrs.The way its going we'll probably have snow in May this year.Dangit I knew i should have bought a four-wheeler or snowmobile this year.

·
Registered
658 Posts
96lxcorey said:
Your right about that Shane.I've been sick three times this winter because of the temp. changes.Compared to the flu once in 5 yrs.The way its going we'll probably have snow in May this year.Dangit I knew i should have bought a four-wheeler or snowmobile this year.
Yeah I got a cold the first week of January. The cold part has gone away but my ear is still clogged or something. It is driving me crazy lol.

I hope it does not even think about snowing anytime after the first of April. It would suck to try to autocross in the snow :eek:

Shane

·
Registered
156 Posts
I agree its never to cold cold for grillin. Esp in the good ol' Chi town weather.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Except with charcoal. That can be a bia' for messing with if it's cold and windy.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
96lxcorey said:
Use more lighter fluid.
Yay for accelerants!!!

i'm hoping to do a little grilling this weekend for the superbowl. IMO, nothing is better than something fresh off the grill. Steak, chicken, brats, burgers, hot dogs, porkchops, etc.

At home, during the summer, we usually grill for dinner around 3-5 times a week. Just easier to do that than heat up the house with the oven.

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
on one of our just over 10 degree days i wore shorts to work claiming a heat wave. of course working in a refrigerated warehouse for 5 years i have no tolerance for heat, but i can wear shorts all year long.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I could wear shorts at work. Gas stations don't care, as long as they're decent. Some nice cargo shorts. Also could wear them at the cinema, except Friday and Saturday late shows. Now I can wear basically anything I want, because I just enter info for Career Services.

I may be getting a 90 Camry V6 or a 97 Contour I4 in the future. Mom's gonna move to Montana, and grandma can't drive very well. So I should be getting one of their cars. Hope it's the Camry. It's clean. Has some rust on the back 1/4 on the driver's side, but it's minimal. Also need to fix the fender and dent trim, and sunroof is off track, but the Contour is probably worth the same price. Gets great gas mileage, though, but Camry has under 90k.

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
the camry should run to at least 250K. the one im driving has 267K on it and the body is gonna fall off before the enging dies.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had an injector go bad. Got it fixed, though. But my bro does auto body and some engine repair, so if anything should happen, he should be able to fix it. Out of class he's done an engine swap on a Civic, replaced his head on his Cavalier, and done some engine work. Done a lot of other stuff, too. I'm in electronics and can fix quite a bit of stuff, too. I would like to learn more about engine swaps and the like if possible. Probably not gonna happen if I move up to Montana.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts