TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Our house leaked, my grandparents who live in Norridge went on vacation, their basement had about 1 inch of water all over, not horrible, but I did clean up. Getting from Schaumburg to Norridge was a task in itself. Stupid Des Planes River.

I have a friend in Chicago, her house got about 2 feet of water in the basement.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Weather

Doing just fine..........Palos is at a higher elevation than many surrounding areas.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
The sump pumps in my house are working overtime. I've been watching them very closely. Typical low lying areas in SE-WI have seen flooding. Worst since the summer of 2010 I think? Stay dry neighbors!

·
Registered
253 Posts
The river near me came close to getting the house, my neighbor got water up to the top steps and very close to the door, and it came into half the yard, another good rain would have put me in harm I'm sure, when water gets that bad it is horrible, lot of cars out there got hydrolocked I'm sure, lost a 95 Cougar to that years ago was no fun...

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I barely escaped the waters. If we would have gotten the rest of the rain they were saying we should have gotten, my poor sc would've gotten flooded.

Glad we didn't lose anyone.

·
Super Moderator
12,641 Posts
The sump pumps in my house are working overtime. I've been watching them very closely. Typical low lying areas in SE-WI have seen flooding. Worst since the summer of 2010 I think? Stay dry neighbors!
Wow Josh. Sorry to hear this. :(

Save the Man cave! :headbang:

·
Registered
253 Posts
This was my neighbor's house

This was my neighbor's mailbox

1 - 13 of 13 Posts