TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
its mine because I have a CAI it gave me 200+ horse and brought me into the low 10s. I need street slicks just to get traction leaving my driveway :)

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
this thread is useless... n/a or power adder? you can have someone with a mildy modded motor throw a 250 shot of nitrous on their car and have the record.. not that it would work very long..

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
with 10g's you could make some good numbers with a pi motor, cams, headers, and a supercharger kit. problem is you won't be able to get all the supporting mod's to both compliment it and survive the abuse

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha bout right,what im tring to ask is how much horse power can you get out of a 4.6l *SOHC*,i have search and can't find anything like that

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
haha bout right,what im tring to ask is how much horse power can you get out of a 4.6l *SOHC*,i have search and can't find anything like that
stick, dead horse, beaten.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
If you want max power from your 4.6 sohc youll need a built motor top to bottom and a power adder. Who cares what kind of power you have when you twist and crack your body, blow your trans, snap half shafts, break rear diff cover, and over heat. I dont care how good the car handles or is this or that fast, things can break with lots of power. Search those problems, and resolve them before adding a huge increase in power.

·
The Parts Guy
7,267 Posts
NO NO, i just want to see how has the most power out of a 4.6 sohc
As was said twice above, that would most likely be Mike Siska's car.

-Rod

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Maybe 96 GoldBird???He is making 546 rwhp 512 ft.lbs @ 17psi.But his motor is fully built.

·
Super Moderator
11,854 Posts
I don't know how much HP he's making but RobertP's car has got to be one of the tops around here. I think he said it's making around 500 HP.

It's a supercharged Explorer motor (4.6L SOHC) and just ran an 11.8 1/4 at 114 MPH handily beating a Corvette. AND I caught it on video.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Isn't Robert making under 400rwhp???

1 - 20 of 268 Posts