TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who runs the http://www.tccoa.com/ web site. It has so many out of date links its not funny. This site has been so helpful and it really needs to be updated. At lest half the tech articles do not work. I would love to help fix it all up and get things linked up and running like they should. I would even be willing to redo some of the tech articles that don't have working links and re post them with pictures. I know I'm ranting a bit. I think part of it is I just meant a 19 year old that has a 93 5.0 bird that was needing some guidance. So what do I do. I give him this web address telling him its a great place to get info form. Witch don't get me wrong it is but still. Over half the tech articles are to bad links. I'm a stay at home dad so I have the time to fix the site up if some one would let me. If any one knows any thing please post it. Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is their some one I need to contact there to find out what can be done?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That is was I was expecting to hear. But who knows I can be kind of persistent. I did find the web site that runs our home page. It also has a number listed. I'm going to call it tomorrow and see if I can get something rolling. I will post some thing as so as I know something.

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Here's the new owners contact info. you can send him a PM or an email, or both. Knock yourself out.

Hi, I'm Eric. I'm with Authority Auto Network.

I can't speak for Bill, but I can speak for Authority. Our goal is have as little effect as possible on the community experience. I basically am trying to stay out of the way and let the community at large keep doing things like normal.

I did have the layout of the non-forum pages of the site changed. I didn't change an ounce of the content (for example on the "About Us" or "Articles" pages); I only changed the theme to make it cleaner, make it more consistent organizationally, and to clean out the broken links.

I also did move the site to another server at the time of the sale. The server is not a dedicated server and so I don't have control of the time stamp with this server and we also have seen random spurts of connection problems, but we are actively looking for another server solution. I hope people bear with us, since dedicated server contracts are major expenditures and we want to find the best option. When we change servers to a dedicated server, there will be another small period of downtime. I'll make a post when that time comes.

Also, I am the one who tried out doing this in-text advertising thing. While technically Authority is a "corporate" owner, Authority is run by just me and one other guy. So we're trying different things to open up the operating cash flow in order to ensure a long healthy future for the site. We turned off the in-text advertising for paying members this morning.

In terms of other advertising, our goal will be to maintain the current forum advertising structure: one rotating banner on top, and the Ford Parts Counter. We won't add pop-ups and don't plan to have a take-over of banner ads.

If you have any questions for me, feel free to post them here or PM me. You probably won't see me on the boards very often, because I try to stay out of the way and let the community/members be what they want to be without my active involvement. If you ever notice a problem with the site or have a concern or question, contact me any time. You can PM me, or you can also email me at [email protected].
He was receptive to the idea in June of last year (See Below) but nothing's happened since then.

I think this guy with the Trans Am needs to pick a few members to have the access and be in charge of any content changes, things like that. That way it's actually one of us doing it. Then he can sit back and let it run while we keep everything updated.
I love that idea. Any volunteers? It would be my pleasure to have one or more other people administrate the site and have access to the server to make site updates. I saw Raptor22's post about his experience with Vbulletin -- maybe he's a good candidate to be involved.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks that a big help. Now I know who to ask for when I call Authority Auto Network. That Eric guy has not logged into the forum for the past 7 months. I know I have not be no this forum as long as some or even post all the much but I still want are web site to be as helpful as possible for new comers. And with the help of you guys I am hoping that we can get something rolling to keep our site the best it can be. Another thing I would like to see added to the forum is the ability to work with the Forum Runner app for the iPhone. You all have been a great help and I hope I can get something done. Thanks. I also noticed that after Eric said that was a great idea there is no more post form him after that. So I take it he never logged back in to the site.

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Thanks for your willingness to help. You might want to work on your spelling and grammer before you send an email off to him. I'd be happy to review a letter before you send it to him. You could PM me the text of what you want to say to him.

FYI it's our website not are website.

Regards,

Ron

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL Brain Fart. Thanks for the offer. I have already called him and left him a message. I hope he will call me back. But if he does not call me back I will keep calling him until he speaks with me.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,255 Posts
Like the network ot the fire dept.
Old data, (ex. Chief, I need May 3, 2005 off due to classes) never cleaned up, cause that costs money.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well just a little update still no word from eric. I have called a few time and left messages.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL I know I'm not the best at this stuff, but at lest I'm trying. Any ways his last activity was 10-25-2010 07:26 PM.

·
Super Moderator
9,179 Posts
I can also help with grammar, spelling and general sentence structure; in fact I'd consider it an honor. I see so many mistakes in the articles and HTML pages that I just wish I had the ability to fix. I am very meticulous with regards to it, not to mention I have a retired English teacher as an uncle. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
You guys might have better luck contacting Sir Will; as he seems to be quite well connected with the site maintenance (at least the forums part of it).

I'd also recommend waiting a week or two for a reply before attempting to contact AAN again. In the business world most things don't happen very quickly. To expect a response to an inquiry in ... what's it been now? Five days? Is a bit soon.

I know! Why don't you guys get MEMBERSHIPS! Then offer your help keeping the site cleaned up. Nothing says I care about the continued survival of this site like cash. I bet if you put some money on the table they'd be more receptive to your inquiries.

I may sound jaded but I do appreciate your willingness to help.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I know! Why don't you guys get MEMBERSHIPS! Then offer your help keeping the site cleaned up. Nothing says I care about the continued survival of this site like cash. I bet if you put some money on the table they'd be more receptive to your inquiries.
Yeah, I tried renewing my membership. Paid about two months ago. I figured oh well by now. As much as I like TCCoA, AAN will not get any more out of me. Even though Sir William made a good personal choice in selling this site. I still feel it was a bad choice for us. But I can't blame him, I would've done it too. AAN should just give our guys, like Trunk Monkey and others, more privileges to help improve the site.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I am still willing to help with the vbulletin side if need be.

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Yeah, I tried renewing my membership. Paid about two months ago. I figured oh well by now. As much as I like TCCoA, AAN will not get any more out of me. Even though Sir William made a good personal choice in selling this site. I still feel it was a bad choice for us. But I can't blame him, I would've done it too. AAN should just give our guys, like Trunk Monkey and others, more privileges to help improve the site.
I'm sorry your renewal didn't go through. Perhaps Guitar Mastero, Rodeo Joe or one of the Administrators can help you out there. I'm just a lowly moderator.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well first off I do appreciate all of the help. And on the note of becoming a member I have tried. It is like the person that takes care of the membership side is not doing anything. And also I would like to know where my money is going. Does it go to AAN?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts