TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,248 Posts
I've never seen them before but I'd say at 1-1/4" thick they'd screw up your wheel offset.

Probably just best to pick out a set of rims from the Custom Wheel Shop or just go ahead and do the hubswap.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Just buy the proper hubs for the rear its very cheap to buy rear hubs and cheaper for front hubs

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never seen them before but I'd say at 1-1/4" thick they'd screw up your wheel offset.

Probably just best to pick out a set of rims from the Custom Wheel Shop or just go ahead and do the hubswap.
Well I do have a question about the hub swap. I'm under the impression that it is all a direct swap except the brakes and or rotors. So if I were to do it I would keep stock calipers. Which means that I would have the rotors redrilled. I was just curious as to how safe that was. At only 1/4 in difference, wouldn't the holes overlap?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Hub swap

:wavey:

Just do the hub swaps.

as stated most wheels still won't fit with the adapters.
You might as well get custom wheels now.:gapteeth:

irsmachining.com for the rears. even rotors if you want.:thumbsup:

front easy with any 2000 pony front hub & rotors.

I am still running factory front & rear calipers.
no adapters. I do how-ever run aftermarket steel racing wheels.:zdunno:

:wiggle:

I can say I am VERY HARD on my wheels & brakes!!

:zdevil:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check out motorsport-tech.com. I am using their 3/4 inch wheel adapters on the rear with 2005 Mustang wheels. They fit good with no problems.

·
Super Moderator
12,248 Posts
There's a write up on it in the Technical Articles (follow the articles link from the home page and then brouse through the different sections.) The Hub swap is in the suspension section.

Here's a direct link:

http://members.tccoa.com/dlf/Article.html

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's a write up on it in the Technical Articles (follow the articles link from the home page and then brouse through the different sections.) The Hub swap is in the suspension section.

Here's a direct link:

http://members.tccoa.com/dlf/Article.html
I've been reading through that. The frustrating part is looking for rear hubs. They all say "99-04" cobra. Even summit racing. 99 is 28 spline and 00-04s are 31 correct? But I'm sure just making a call would clear things up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll try to get some pics on here as soon as possible. This week's work is crazy (Way before sunrise till after dark.) BTW, I did the sn95 hub swap on the front, and the clearance on the front is really close.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I've been reading through that. The frustrating part is looking for rear hubs. They all say "99-04" cobra. Even summit racing. 99 is 28 spline and 00-04s are 31 correct? But I'm sure just making a call would clear things up.
:wavey:

To use the Cobra hubs & rotors, you would need the adapters & 17"+ wheels

:crazy:

The outer hub is 28 spline.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts