TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some 92 SC front hubs. I got them cuz as i understand it they will allow me to run a 9 inch wide rim up front with 45s on them. Only problem is the bearings are going. Now i know these are sealed units but i know there is a way to replace the bearinbg with a press but is there any other way?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i hate to break it to you , but they are not different. they are the same part number.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well your the first person to tell me that. They are diffrent. thats why u can run wider rims on older MN-12s

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well is the spindel not aprt of a mn12s hub?

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
The hub/bearing assembly is separate from the spindle.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
ok been thru this before, the hubs are the same. they list different numbers for 89-90 , but the the 91-97 hubs are all the same number. and actually you can use the 91-97 hub on the 89-90 car, the spindles are the same from 1989 to 1992 , 93 up use the mark spindles. the bearing is not repalceable seperate either you have to buy a new hub.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i go boned? Well thats lovely

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
unfoutunatly that sounds like what happened.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I've actually heard a couple different stories about the bearings. Some people say you can remove and replace, some say no. You certainly can't buy the bearings separately from Ford. I don't know how to do it either way, but I have heard it's possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts