TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone been looking around and can’t seem to find any info on whether or not you can put the tbird emblem hubcaps on 97 stock rims. Only thing I can find is 1994 Tbird images that show stock rims with the emblem on it, any info will help thanks guys. :)

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
20,422 Posts
if you have a Sport model with the 16” wheels they are the same basic design as the 93-95 Supercoupe wheel that used the flat center cap with the bird. Those center caps will physically fit sport wheels but there isn’t a recess to remove them

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you have a Sport model with the 16” wheels they are the same basic design as the 93-95 Supercoupe wheel that used the flat center cap with the bird. Those center caps will physically fit sport wheels but there isn’t a recess to remove them
I do have the sport model but the previous owner decided to put 18” rims on it, I think it’ll look better stock as the whole car is stock and In great shape. So would I be able to buy some stock 94 sc wheels and have them fit my 97? Or what would you guys recommend

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
20,422 Posts
I do have the sport model but the previous owner decided to put 18” rims on it, I think it’ll look better stock as the whole car is stock and In great shape. So would I be able to buy some stock 94 sc wheels and have them fit my 97? Or what would you guys recommend
Yeah seeking out actual 93-95 SC wheels is definitely what I’d suggest. They’re a direct bolt on.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Is the car hub swapped? If so, you'd have to hub swap back from 5*114 to 5*108.

Front isn't terrible to do, but rears require a press.

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
I've been considering hubswapping my spare set of knuckles, but I'm not doing it until I find the right set of mustang wheels.
I have 5 sets of mn12 or fn10 wheels,not counting the one set I destroyed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the car hub swapped? If so, you'd have to hub swap back from 5*114 to 5*108.

Front isn't terrible to do, but rears require a press.
I have no idea is there an easy way to check I can get underneath the car if I have too and my Thunderbird has the sports package but I’m not sure if anything was swapped out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts