TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know, the t-birds and cougars were availible with wheels covers. I used to think that there was only one style, but the other day I saw a 89-91 bird with silver ones, that had the thunderbird emblem on them. My question is: What were all the different wheel covers availible, and how long were they availible, the 95 sales brochure shows them but I have never seen one?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
good question... I've only seen 2 types of hubcaps for the birds, the wire spoke design (looks like a 15" dayton lol) and another one that looked kind of like taurus hubcaps.... but I've only seen the wire design twice in my life and the taurus looking one once. Every other MN-12 I've ever seen had rims

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
My 89 had the silver covers....unless you got up close you would think it had aluminum wheels. They screwed into the wheel itself, and had their own center cap.

I would guess they were dropped by 93, as after that, I'm pretty sure all cars got aluminum wheels.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i have never seen a 94 + bird or cat with caps

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
The 94 brochure still has steelies listed with alloy rims as an option.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
the parts catalog shows the early 90s style hubcaps for 94 + even though ive never seen any

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Interesting this post comes up, I was just about to post a similar thing....I've never seen a 97 bird brochure, but I have the 96 bird brochure on my comp. and that year was in fact avail. with the non-wire flat ugly 15 inch wheelcovers. In fact, you could get a bird which was so stripped down it did not have power locks, rear defrost, cruise, it had HUBCAPS and I believe one other thing I cant remember, NOT SURE. But look on your window sticker option list. Package 155A (if memory servest that is what it was) was the base option group, bringing WHEELS, REAR DEFROST, CRUISE CONTROL, POWER LOCKS and I believe one other item, again not sure. I've seen one 94-95 a while back with factory wheelcovers. It was wierd to see that. A couple years ago right before I bought the focus, I was at a ford dealer and out toward the back of the lot they had a 97 denim blue tbird with blue interior (cloth) it had a V6, no cruise, no defrost, no power locks....and pretty much nothing else....and get this--it didnt even have a tape deck! Manual climate control, no auto lamp....NOTHING! This bird was probably one out of maybe ONE made like this for that year....it had low low miles if memory serves. Get this, the car had 15 inch COUGAR wheels on it! So I bet at one point it had...that's right...factory hubcaps! This had to be a rare beast...rather un-exciting, but rare still. Wouldnt it have been cool if it had a 4.6 and posi rear?? Oh yeah. But I think package 155A was pretty much always ordered.

Earl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts