TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was to buy all the parts needed to do a hub swap front and rear, what would the cost be, roughly? New parts from Ford, preferably.

The brakes on my car are basically brand new so I'm debating if I should just look for stock-fitting aftermarket wheels or do the hub swap. I could do the work myself, I'm just trying to figure out cost right now.

Right now I'm leaning toward just buying rims that fit, I like these:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks that makes the decision easy. I already have new brakes so I'll just stick to the limited selection of MN12 fit wheels.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,358 Posts
I still have the receipts buried in some stack in my garage somewhere, I'm not about to spend my night digging through them though.

That cost covers for all four rotors, all four hubs, the rear bearings, hub bolts, misc. hardware, ect. That's not including the cost of having the rears pressed or having the rear rotors machined (or the fast ed brackets if using cobra rotors) The New rear hubs were over $150 EACH at discount in 2007 FWIW, they haven't gotten any cheaper.

·
Registered
154 Posts
ahhhh. well looks like ive got some saving to do then. Any idea like of places that could possibly do it? like belletire or something? im here in michigan and idk of any axle places or anything around me

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Instead of losing your brakes, you could just have them redrilled to the new pattern. That was what I did before I swapped to the Cobra brakes. No issues with them what-so-ever. I think I paid $40 to have all 4 rotors redrilled, and have the rear hub bore enlarged.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
One of the best mods I WOULD DO TO ANY MN12 is the brake swap! U wont regret it...these big boats need them! When i drive my Mark 8, i always wonder why i dont swap to the cobras in that as well!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts