TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, been searching for an hour now and cant find a link. There was a link on here at one time for a shop that did the rear hubs if you are doing the mustang hub swap. I thought I had it saved in my favorites, but it's not and I have been searching for a link to the place. Any of you guys have it or know where to find it? Thanks.

Jon

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,520 Posts
Any shop with a press should be able to do the job. When I had to replace the rear bearing on the 94 I took the knuckle and the new hub to a driveshaft/axle shop; they did the pressing for $20 in about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Raptor,
I think you're looking for IRS Machining Services. Just internet search IRS Machining or irsmachining.com I just dropped my rear hubs off with him last Saturday. I don't have the hubs & rotors back yet, but he was a very friendly guy with great references and does very good, detailed work.
He may be your only option- every shop I spoke with in town wouldn't touch the work because of some @**hole that sued a local machinist after he had his axles bored for a new bolt pattern and his wheel vibrated. The word got out from a tire shop that he actually had a bent wheel. Now this guy ruined it for the rest of us and no shops will do the work because they're scared they'll get sued and lose their business.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
not sure where paris il is but if its anywhere near me bring it to my shop and will take care of it. its really no big deal.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
irsmachine

Hello

Yep, He is the guy. Had mine done last season.
He even did my racing studs.

I had to send them. I live in NY, He is in Washington.
I redrilled my rotors. Had to keep the stock size rotors to fit under the 15" steel wheels I run.

You can pick up any hubs, disc or drum will work. hub is the same.

:wavey:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts