This is pretty neat:

Linky

·
Registered
2,638 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Being married to someone who spends her days with autistic kids, I find that the overwhelming majority (including me) of people are without a clue as to the workings and issues of this mental illness. I think it's really neat that this guy was able to show off his talents. I think the media people try to take advantage of autism (and other types of illnesses) for profit, as if they were circus freaks or something of that nature. I remember a story on a guy in England that had thousands of decimals of pi memorized...heck he saw pi as a picture and was able to translate that to the decimals. Crazy....

Spend some time in a classroom with autistic kids and you'll understand.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Being married to someone who spends her days with autistic kids, I find that the overwhelming majority (including me) of people are without a clue as to the workings and issues of this mental illness. I think it's really neat that this guy was able to show off his talents. I think the media people try to take advantage of autism (and other types of illnesses) for profit, as if they were circus freaks or something of that nature. I remember a story on a guy in England that had thousands of decimals of pi memorized...heck he saw pi as a picture and was able to translate that to the decimals. Crazy....

Spend some time in a classroom with autistic kids and you'll understand.
my nephew(who justed turned 11), is autistic......takes patience sometimes.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
thats crazy.. i used to work with an autistic kid.. some of the hardest working and most talented people ive ever seen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts