TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys in the last 2 or 3 days i have noticed a humming comming from the front right part of my car. I know its not the wheel bearing because it does it when i'm stopped and it gets pretty loud then all of a sudden goes away. Any thoughts??

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
i have the same problem. somebody explained to me what it was a while back, but i forgot. It gets pretty loud, but as far as i know, its not causing any damage

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya it got real loud this morning on my way home from work. I thought it might be the alternator or something but when i'm stopped it was doing it and my engine almost seemed like it was running rough

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hey I have the same humming noise and I was told by people on here that it was the IAC valve (Idle Air Control I believe) was going bad. It would make my car stall out if I was stopped. I haven't changed it yet though.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya i remember reading about that a couple days ago. When yours humms is it pretty loud and does it stop after about 10-15 secs??

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sometimes it does. Like it's hummed for a few seconds and stopped, it's hummed for a few seconds until I've given it some gas, and it's hummed and I've waited to see what would happen and it would stall out.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Were exactly is this IAC valve i was looking and on the drivers side of the tb the one sensor that is on the tb is the TPS correct?? Were from the there is the IAC valve?

·
Registered
347 Posts
TSB# Date Diagnosis
94224 OCT 94 Idle Air Bypass Valve - Noise Or Moan

There is an updated piece you can grab from Ford to replace your current one on your 4.6.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok cool thanks derek but does someone know exactly were it is?

·
Registered
676 Posts
mine has done it like twice in the last year..I just gave it some gas and it went away...but it is pretty loud.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
guys i was looking under the hood of my car and that noise kicked in dang is that loud. It is loudest by my filter. Its comming from the tb probably were that valve is but i still cannot find it can anyone point me in the right direction of were it is i looked in the haynes manual and it doesnt show it well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts