TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know we have members in the Destin / pensacola area... I hope you and your familes and homes make it alright...

so far it's 930 millibar, one of the strongest storms if it hits land at that pressure.

For those of you who are intersted, there is a webcam in panama city beach that is showing the beach with the waves... it's a damn good quality cam (for now), appears to be at about 25 to 30 frames per second.

http://www.schooners.com/multimedia/livecams.htm

click on the beach and install the plugin.

edit: camera's went down...

·
Registered
343 Posts
It is gonna make history when it hits land as the first category 4 hurricane to hit land in July. Its things like this that make me glad to live in Michigan. Florida has hurricanes, California has earthquakes.... and strict emmission laws, Arizona has scorpions, I can handle the cold winters to avoid all of those things.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I hate the winter. Honestly, the amount of people that die in earthquakes in the US is probably smaller then the amount that die from cold weather. I moved from a place with bad winters to LA and I am loving it. Would never go to florida though. I hate humidity and the hurricanes.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Shawn40th said:
I hate the winter. Honestly, the amount of people that die in earthquakes in the US is probably smaller then the amount that die from cold weather. I moved from a place with bad winters to LA and I am loving it. Would never go to florida though. I hate humidity and the hurricanes.
Yeah, Cali Rules!!!

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
yall are just a bunch of whimps. Florida pwnz, you want paradise, tropical storm systems are the price we pay for all the stuff the rest of the country comes to my state to enjoy.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yea, but in Michigan I can head out the door, walk about 5 mins, and be hunting deer. I suppose anyone who doesn't hunt won't care about this but its nice to live where you hunt. And Michigan is a great place to hunt.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
5 minutes? I can take five steps. In fact most of my hunting consists of me sitting on my porch.

And plenty of people hunt deer in florida, just not in downtown orlando.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
GreenBird said:
5 minutes? I can take five steps. In fact most of my hunting consists of me sitting on my porch.

And plenty of people hunt deer in florida, just not in downtown orlando.

yepper....whitetail in Alachua county and near River Ranch.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I just got back from Florida. My brother lives there. (Ponte Vedra Beach :D ) I played golf at Sawgrass, and enjoyed Universal Studios. They have AWESOME highways, smooth and fast! I wouldn' t mind living there. And I'm guessing that the hurricanes aren't any more frequent or irritating than the Tornadoes we get here in KS.

We got out just before the weather hit, and headed straight north instead of going along the panhandle and then north.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
maiden_fan said:
Yea, but in Michigan I can head out the door, walk about 5 mins, and be hunting deer. I suppose anyone who doesn't hunt won't care about this but its nice to live where you hunt. And Michigan is a great place to hunt.
Oh yes Hunting here in MI is sweet but I honestly prefer to hunt in Pennsylvania. It's so much better there. At my cuzin's house down there, he shot a 7 point out his bedroom window! He said he wouldn't do that again his ears were killing him.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Traveler said:
I just got back from Florida. My brother lives there. (Ponte Vedra Beach :D ) I played golf at Sawgrass, and enjoyed Universal Studios. They have AWESOME highways, smooth and fast! I wouldn' t mind living there. And I'm guessing that the hurricanes aren't any more frequent or irritating than the Tornadoes we get here in KS.

We got out just before the weather hit, and headed straight north instead of going along the panhandle and then north.

most of I95 down south near me is being repaved...its nice cruising at 15mph short of 100 ;) and getting to class in 20 minutes.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I got as far south as the Fantasy of Flight museum (about 20 min south of Orlando). I used I4, I95, I10, and further north I24, and I75 (If I remember right). Great interstate all the way, except in Missouri. Thier highways need serious help, though US 60 is being worked on. And yes, cruising just under triple digits is nice. Just had to wait for someone to be "bear bait" for me. Didn't have to wait long usually and a line of cars would fly by me. I'd just tuck in the end and speed up!

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Well, with Dennis, we'll soon see if I'm going to have a job. My neighbors are insurance adjustors for American Family, and I get to house sit (and take care of their 72 Chevy Pickup and '32 Street Rod) if they get called out. Last year they were gone for about 5 months doing claims.

At least with Dennis, Central Illinois is going to get some rain!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just got back. I live in the valparaiso/niceville/destin area. Ivan did much more damage around here...Anyways, glad to be back :).

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Kodiak kid said:
EDIT: besides the above, look at the kick @ss people that live down there... Palmguy, AL_Florida, Tbirdbrian, etc :D
Thanks man! :thumbsup:

ok now what is it you want? :rofl:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts