TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Prayers and thoughts out to you. I'd worry more about the storm surge than the winds although both can be tragic.

Please be safe and get out.!!

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Best to you & family, the new tracking looks like the west is going to get it worse now. God only knows whats going to happen. Be safe and good luck!

·
Administrator
8,053 Posts
Back up to a Category 5 and looks like the west coast is getting the worst. Be safe folks!

Joe

·
Super Moderator
12,080 Posts
Rock on Florida! :headbang: Best wishes to all our members, freeloaders and casual forum stalkers in the Sunshine state.

I have many, many co-workers in the Orlando area and friends throughout the state and family in the Tampa-St. Pete area. One of my co-workers who lives in the Melbourne area said "I just stocked up on beer & bottled water. Riding it out! We never evacuate!"

I told him - "Hell, that thing keeps tracking West you'll be sitting in sunshine!" LOL

Anyway, stay safe guys & gals!

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,265 Posts
The west coast is fucked.

I think, the cone keeps moving.

We will see at 2AM sunday morning what kind of turn this thing will make.

I was thinking of loading up the wife and the dogs and driving north.

But now, not so much.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I evacuated Naples. And heading to Fayetteville North Carolina. My wife has family there. Anyone in the area let me. I would like to meet up. I need a oil change and my tires checked out.

·
Super Moderator
12,080 Posts
RobertP is over in Carthage, NC - it's about a 45 minute drive west of Fayetteville. I highly recommend swinging by his shop (Rob's Tire & Auto in Carthage, NC) on Monday or Tuesday to get the work done and to say hello to a TCCoA legend.

Just call ahead in case he needs to order tires for you.

- PM sent.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Monkey, I have bought parts from him and he answered questions for me before. I just wasn't sure where he was located I will give him a call.

·
Super Moderator
12,080 Posts
Everybody come through Irma ok? My buddy in Melbourne said he got his power back on today and that they had 100 MPH winds at the house.

1995 cougar xr7: Did you make it over to Rob's?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everybody come through Irma ok? My buddy in Melbourne said he got his power back on today and that they had 100 MPH winds at the house.

1995 cougar xr7: Did you make it over to Rob's?
Yes I finally got in contact with Naples. They said my home and shop is ok. But there is no electric till the 22nd ,no gas, no food and the city is a mess. I was at robs yesturday and today. Rob is great he changed my oil, installed new tires and alignment. Your car is awesome Ron I want to thank Rob again for helping me out him and his parents are great people.

·
Super Moderator
12,080 Posts
Thanks. Glad to hear you home and shop are ok and you were able to make it over to Rob's and get your car fixed up while you're in the Carolinas.

Yea, he and his family are great people. I've known Rob now for over 10 years now. Where does the time go?

Anyway, here's hoping they get Naples and the rest of Florida cleaned up and back up and running soon.

·
Super Moderator
12,080 Posts

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,265 Posts
Four days with no power, not too bad with a generator.

No ohone, TV, internet.

Just got online with a hotspot.

No house a/c due to the a/c fans computers
Burning out by the power surge from the power kicking on.

No damage here, just trees and power lines down.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just got back to Naples today, had a blast in the Carolinas. I still don't have power at my home, but my shop"s power got turned on today, so I am staying in my shop until power gets on at home.

·
Super Moderator
10,649 Posts

No house a/c due to the a/c fans computers
Burning out by the power surge from the power kicking on.

When the power goes down here, I hit the mains to off until they get their **** together; I've had computer power supplies explode from the surge, and I buy good ones. :)

If I were to have what y'all did, kicking the breakers off is a good last step.

I can usually tell if the power is on by the streetlights; y'all might not have those anymore. :surprise:

I always fill up cars too; that means more gas for the generator. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts