TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Brother inlaw in Buies Creek NC , many trees down and 11 inches of rain and know power . Here in the foothills nice clear sky's and mid 50s.

·
Super Moderator
12,080 Posts
I am working on Hutchinson island in Port St. Lucie, FL and we evacuate the island on Wednesday and Thursday morning. - I and a few other engineers left on Wednesday the rest of the crew left by Thursday afternoon - anyway, I evacuated to St. Petersburg and waited the storm out there. It was very pleasant. :D

Should the storm have turned towards land, they were forecasting sustained winds on Thursday night of 140 MPH with gusts up to 165 MPH :eek: As it turned out the peak winds they saw at the plant were somewhere in the neighborhood of 95 MPH.

It was still enough to bend signs, palm trees and light poles. Power's good on the island but internet at the hotel is still out (Oh the humanity! :tongue:) and I've been told it won't be back on until Tuesday. There were a few boats washed up and sunk around the causeway bridge to the island. Lots of tree branches on the ground but nothing really seriously damaged. They were very luck here.

I'll post pictures later.

I drove back yesterday and we're back to work this morning.

·
Super Moderator
12,080 Posts
Here are a few pix I took this morning. Does anyone else have any storm pictures to share?

Boat Parking:

Sunken Boat:

More Boat Parking:

Extra points ... Guess the rental car from this corner of the hood. :tongue:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here are a few pix I took this morning. Does anyone else have any storm pictures to share?

Boat Parking:

Sunken Boat:

More Boat Parking:

Extra points ... Guess the rental car from this corner of the hood. :tongue:
Looks like an escape. I am in the St Pete area and I didn't even get any rain from it, very lucky.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I got lucky, On Wednesday i was in Vidalia GA delivering food to a foodservice place in the semi, high tailed out of there to Pine Mountain Valley GA and got to Morton MS by friday morning, after getting loaded of course. I missed all the contra-flow, and storm system. I do not want to know what a hurricane will do to a freightliner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts