TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hypertech Programmer III,has anyone used this and what resulted from it?I should have it here soon for my 96 T-Bird and just want to know what to expect.
Thank You,
Chris

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
No.

The person who worked at ford designing the Engine and transmission control (EEC or PCM) has enlighted the TCCoA. E-mail or call Dennis Reinhart (www.reinhartautomotive.com, he can burn you a chip (piggy backs on EEC). He can "re-tune" your car better than any other (unless you get a visit from that ford engineer).

EDIT: Just saw your from Jacksonville....Dennis in Orange Park.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
hes been down that road.

i still suggest trying to work things out with dennis. hes the best your gonna get, especially considering hes so close. sometimes everything cant go as smoothly as wed all like, but just keep stickin to it.

you could do some serious damage with that programmer if its not used correctly

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks....

GreenBird,as J-Rob said i went down that road only to find a dead end with Dennis.Had his chip in my Mark and was GREAT but my T-Bird is another story.J-Rob I am aware that I could cause engine damage,that is why I was wondering if anyone used it.I will be careful with it though.
Thanks to you both.
Chris

·
Registered
325 Posts
Dennis Chip

Hi Guys, I called Dennis yesterday and ordered a chip from him. I told him what I wanted done to the chip and that I needed it ASAP. I recieved the chip today. He managed to get the chip to me in 24hrs with everything done to it i requested. It installed no problem and made a very noticable power diference. I dont know if you guys had some problems with him in the past or anything. But I had no problems with my purchase. I give his chip two thumbs up. Im very happy with the chip. Hope my info can help you guys in some way.

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your chip?

Thats great that it worked for you,mine worked GREAT at first and then I got all kinds of codes.My computer was reflashed in 97 and he used the code off of the computer,that could have been my problem.Just glad to hear that yours is working.Flying past 120 is a great feeling,huh?
Chris

·
Banned for Life
180 Posts
the rest of the story

Now he made his comment here is mine and we are done. I tried to make this guy happy I am done with him, and so is the man we all know and love, he told me he would not have done what I did, so you all know. Here is the story since he is doing the same thing on the Mark 8 site. I find it strange he just came over here but that is no problem for me, I believe he is the only person I have ever gave a FULL refund out oy hundreds of sales, I did give one other on the Mark 8 site

pato4life

http://www.markviii.org/dcforum/DCForumID2/1631.html#

You bought a chip from me for your 1993 Mark months ago The chip was an EEC 4 computer, you drove the car for months with the chip in there, you then sell the car and Buy a T. Bird that has an EEC 5 computer so the old chip will not work. So I sold you a new chip for a 150.00 dollars and kept the old chip which I thought was fair. then You buy a 80MM LM and I burn the chip for you. You called me and said it was running good the following week you put a 90 degree bend right in front of the Maf and called me and told me the car was not running right. I asked what you had done you told me and I explained by doing what you did, you changed the air meter transfer function, so you changed it back, you then called me the next day and said I was right and the car was running good. Now you called me last Wednesday about the car, and I told you I would put you car on the dyno and Have the man tune your car for FREE, all you had to do was pay for the dyno time you refused. You show up at my Gargae on Thursday right before I have to leave for the Dyno, So you come to my office on Friday and ask for a refund,

So the club knows, you wanted a full refund on the Mark 8 chip you used but sold the car. You wanted a full refund on the T. Bird Chip, you scratched and dinged up a brand new Maff and you offered to knock off 50.00. No one gives a refund on installed Maf NO one. I gave you a full refund on the T. Bird chip, I gave a full refund minus 50.00 on the Maf you banged up, and I gave you a 100.00 dollar refund on the Mark 8 chip which NO ONE would have done. You failed to mention your full refund.

So enough has been said, you have posted your your comments on two sites now, I have responded lets let it go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.