1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just like it except that it's a Korean made butt-ugly POS Sedan

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
As much as I despise Huyndai/Kia they are playing their cards right to earn a solid reputation in the U.S. Everytime we post about a new car release on here, everyone always points out how it's dull and lacks power or whatever. Well, these guys are filling in the gap. I just can't wait to see what happens once the crs start to age and owners try to take advantage of the 10yr/100k warranty.
Anyway, there is only so much respect you can earn for your brand when you have someone else designing, styling etc. your cars for you.

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
any way you slice it, the avg forign car is better quality than avg american made car.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ugly POS. I like those numbers tho. Engine swap? lol

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Yeah, 20 years after our cars were designed, though. Lots of entry level sedans have more power than our cars ever did.

·
Registered
68 Posts
And 20 years later, this thing will probably perform at least as well, if not slightly better than anything Ford has with 2 doors in the same price range. IRS, 6-speed manual, available LSD from the factory, and Track models with beefy brakes and suspensions. The 4-cylinder and 6-cylinder engines in the Genesis Coupe make more power than the Mustang 6-and 8-cylinders, respectively. The I-4 models should weigh around 3300 lbs and the V6 should weigh around 3400.

People really should look out for those 4-cylder models, though. 220 turbocharged HP from the factory... and we've all seen what the aftermarket does with factory-boosted cars. :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
any way you slice it, the avg forign car is better quality than avg american made car.
Not by a long shot. The korean car companies are worse about backwards engineering than the domestic manufacturers. They promote sales with warranty terms that are nothing shy of trickery. They specialize in disposable cars. Use it for 5 years and throw it away. It is your exact thinking that has caused half of our economy's problems. I put 230,000 hard miles on my car before I took the motor out because of oil consumption. Try doing that on a kia or hyundai.
Alan

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not by a long shot. The korean car companies are worse about backwards engineering than the domestic manufacturers. They promote sales with warranty terms that are nothing shy of trickery. They specialize in disposable cars. Use it for 5 years and throw it away. It is your exact thinking that has caused half of our economy's problems. I put 230,000 hard miles on my car before I took the motor out because of oil consumption. Try doing that on a kia or hyundai.
Alan
although this might be true about kia's and hyundai's its deffinatley not ture about hondas and toyota's. those cars last forever.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
There are numbers to back this up? Because without hard data, I'd like to go on record as saying that any way you slice it, gravity doesn't exist.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts

As usual, idiotic remarks from you.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
although this might be true about kia's and hyundai's its deffinatley not ture about hondas and toyota's. those cars last forever.
That is the reason I said korean . The quality on both of them has fallen as well. In the 80's they were built better.
Alan

1 - 20 of 98 Posts