TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I repaced the heater core in my 95 a couple of weeks ago and finnaly got to drive it today. :) but I found a few electic problems. The frist is the od doesnt turn off anymore. Allso the turn sigal lights on the dash dont work and when I turn on the head lights I have no dash lights. Did I miss a somthing buting the dash back on. The last thing is I dont think I got all the air out of the coolant system. When you have the thermostat of do you start the car or do you just turn it over a few times?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I repaced the heater core in my 95 a couple of weeks ago and finnaly got to drive it today. :) but I found a few electic problems. The frist is the od doesnt turn off anymore. Allso the turn sigal lights on the dash dont work and when I turn on the head lights I have no dash lights. Did I miss a somthing buting the dash back on. The last thing is I dont think I got all the air out of the coolant system. When you have the thermostat of do you start the car or do you just turn it over a few times?

Thanks for the help
I am sure that, especially if you didn't have these problems before you removed your dash, that you forgot to re-connect an electrical connector or two. You're going to have to look under/behind the dash and see if you can find some connectors not plugged into anything (you'll need to use a flashlight, probably). I'm sure you removed the console and there are several connectors under the console in the vicinity of the gearshift lever; make sure those are all connected, too.

When I replaced my heater core, I removed my thermostat and added coolant until it started coming out of the hose connected to the heater core - the one on the left side (passenger-side). I didn't have to add hardly any before it started coming out and I've not had any problem since. Of course, it IS summer and I haven't really used my heater, but I did test it and hot air blows out.

Good luck!

Dennis

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you added the coolant was the car running? If so did you remove the hose first or after you started it? The only resone I ask is becouse when I did it dicounted the hose's then started the car and coolent went every were. ( That was not cool)

I allso do have dash lights just not blinkers on the dash. I can live with that right now.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
When you added the coolant was the car running? If so did you remove the hose first or after you started it? The only resone I ask is becouse when I did it dicounted the hose's then started the car and coolent went every were. ( That was not cool)

I allso do have dash lights just not blinkers on the dash. I can live with that right now.
No, my engine was NOT running. The reason coolant went everywhere when you did that was because the water pump was circulating coolant when the engine was running and if your thermostat was out, there wasn't anything to block the flow.

Check to make sure all connectors on your steering column are re-connected; that could be why you have no turn signals (also check the fuse for your turn signals).

Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts