TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, were we have practice there are a whole bunch of a long strips of pavement in the parking lot. Being the stupy that i am i decided to haul major arse down one of the strips. Well, someone decided to put a dip in one of the intersections. It was too late to stop so i just gritted my teeth and took it like a man. I almost planted in the dip but there was no body damage which is good. Unfortunately i hit the steel framing right behind the bumper (the one with the sway bar through it). Now i am dripping oil slowly from that part of the frame. There is non around the pan but there is a little oil on the filter. I have not been able to really get up under it cause of this stupid parking lot's rules. FYI- i have an aftermarket oil pressure gauge that may have been affected (i dont know how though) because it is acting funny like there is a pressure leak but i dont think it would be enough to make it leak as much as it is. Also it does not leak the same amount all the time.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
You would be surprised how much oil will come out a broken sendor. Climb under there ASAP and be careful not to run it dry

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
you may want to check your motor mounts as well, i broke one on my 90 merc with a 3.8 it was a oil filled mounted , i thought i cracked the oil pan for how it was leaking.
i had a similar situation were i was run of the road and hit a gravel to pavement area.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well its not leaking fast, its just a drip off that part of the frame so its something touching the frame. Where is the serdor unit, like what does it look like. I think i know what you are talking about but i want to make sure

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
should be on lower driverside by the oil filter

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey is that where i would have hooked up my oil pressure gauge to?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok i have not been able to get up under the car yet but i was just wonder if it were the sender unit that was messed up, do i have to drain the oil to change it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts