TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the a view from the bottom of the radiator looking up.

Here is how much it shifted down below. I really love this car. I am really sad this happened to it.

·
Super Moderator
5,374 Posts
I would HIGHLY recommend finding a good frame man to make sure it's pulled straight.

The core support can be cut out of a donor in the boneyard and welded back in.

Past that - Ouch! Hopefully nobody got hurt in that!

RwP

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Registered
644 Posts
Just pull the radiator and condeser out and stand on it. It'll straighten right out most likely. Its very thin metal. Good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would HIGHLY recommend finding a good frame man to make sure it's pulled straight.

The core support can be cut out of a donor in the boneyard and welded back in.

Past that - Ouch! Hopefully nobody got hurt in that!

RwP
It does drive straight. I drove it for 15 minutes home. It does not pull at all. I kept an eye on the temperature and it never got into the red. Is that bent up structure a critical part of the unibody?

·
Registered
644 Posts
I had a nitrous backfire in my Super Coupe. It blew the bottom of the intercooler out ( I designed that way ;) ) and bent the lower rad support. I just pushed it back straight.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Here is how it looks all torn apart except you will still have the crash bumper across the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
644 Posts
Here's a straight on pic.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
That front anti-sway bar is bent! You'll need to replace it, check the suspension and reset the alignment.

What did you hit or run over?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That front anti-sway bar is bent! You'll need to replace it, check the suspension and reset the alignment.

What did you hit or run over?
That metal is bent. But it is not a sway bar like I first though thankfully. It's just a bar and it did its job protecting the engine. The thing still drives straighter than my 2001 Camry I am using as a back up.

There was a fatality involved. That's all I am going to say. I was not at fault.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As you can see below I straightened out the front by using ratchet straps wrapped around a fence post. I can't figure out to bend this part back. I am either jacking up the car or bending the whole support towards the engine.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Carefully and evenly put some heat into it with a torch but be careful not to set the car on fire, it will move. Work it with a hammer with a Broadhead not a jack.

Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible if you burn your car or yourself up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts