Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, heres the dilly. he he, i said dilly, yo. i have 2 96 v8 lx's

my first one (green) with 192,000 is in good running shape excluding a few issues such as the super squeaky front end, tired LSD, brake booster line leak, maniac pissed off driver interior damage (fist shaped cracks in dash, key scratches everywheres near the ignition, plus average wear/tear) and light drivers side corner panel damage. this one has the drums in back

the second one (blue) with 131000 is also in great running shape with extensive body damage. the hood, both doors, rear bumper plus the corner panel will have to be replaced. light rust all over. bad rust in door where rear quarter was already replaced. big rusty dent in roof. door doesnt seal because its had at least two major accidents. all the damage makes it feel like a convertible lebaron driving through a just plowed field, other than that this car feels like it has been female driven its whole life. the posi is very tight the suspension feels tight and responsive, it brakes very straight. and it has rear disks. engine runs better than the green one tranny shifts and locks up like a dream. interior is great minus a few trouble spots. oh and it happened to come with anniversary rims. score. i paid 600 for the whole thing.

i have a pile of pi parts and other quickening agents that are waiting for spring to finally spring
i have a couple options of where to go from here:

1: put the two cars up on stands and swap all the go parts/suspension/brakes (and the rims:D) and interior (they match) from the blue one to the green one and pi swap the motor while i have it out.

2: fix blue ones massive quarter panel damage, swap hood, doors, bumper from green one bondo the roof up and deal with the door whistle, pi swap it in the car

3: buy a 91 tempo and rice it out instead. sell the rims for $30 a piece in "parts for sale" and demo derby the blue one.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
i just bought the blue one two days ago so last night after i made this thread i went out and gave it a super thorough look over. being face to face with both these cars its my opinion that the damage and rust on the blue is too extensive to be repaired to my standards of what a bird should have, the rust where the quarter was replaced is through the structure on the bottom of the jam. according to the guy i got it from the more recent hit had pushed the corner tail light forwards all the way to in front of the tire and they grabbed it with a hydraulic puller and stretched it back, bending the whole car so the door wiggles around and snow was blowing right in my face with the door totally shut. the part of the passenger door jam where the hinge connects to the car is fatigued like it got blown open by the wind way to many times(edit: it was bad lighting, the hinges are shot) and it scares me a bit. I'm no body man but that looks like 5000 dollars worth of repair costs for a six hundred dollar parts car, which was my intention for it when i saw it for sale...

edit: header panel will need to be replaced to, the hit that dented the hood busted up everything the drivers side headlight attaches to

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
1 & 3

Hello

I would do 1 & 3

Make a great car. Play with the other. & a toy.

Completely repair the Green car. You know that green is in!

Get the blue one running, I race mine on a circle track.
bondo Paint & role cage baby.
After done sell the rear section to the guy looking for one in "Wanted"
Pick up the Toy to rice out.

Paul

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
option 4: but a 91 tempo and swap tbird engine into that, that will give you a project to do ahaha

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
option 4: but a 91 tempo and swap tbird engine into that, that will give you a project to do ahaha
brilliant! the way the rear suspension all unbolts and comes out you can make any car rear wheel drive

heres some pics of the blue one to show what im up against:

the rear window leaks too

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Whew! I def would skip option 2 now seeing the pictures. IMO its just not worth it to fix. You probably could pick up another good condition bird for the price it would take to fix that. Plus a lot less time invested.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
We Have!

Hello

We have the technology! Do you have the cash?

We Can rebuild Her!!

See:

PS she don't look like that now.
Hope she will be close before this season starts.
I race on a 1/2 mile asphalt oval

Brandon (blittle500) races his on PA dirt tracks.

There are others racing on road courses.

Paul

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Whew! I def would skip option 2 now seeing the pictures. IMO its just not worth it to fix. You probably could pick up another good condition bird for the price it would take to fix that. Plus a lot less time invested.
ch'yeah thats what i was thinking

Hello

We have the technology! Do you have the cash?

We Can rebuild Her!!

PS she don't look like that now.
Hope she will be close before this season starts.
I race on a 1/2 mile asphalt oval

Brandon (blittle500) races his on PA dirt tracks.

There are others racing on road courses.

Paul
i only have the funds for one toy and i want it to be on the roads spanking unsuspecting people! but that would be sweet.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Sorry

Hello

I don't do that. too dangerous!!

I stay on the track!!! oval or straight.
The track has emergency personal on hand if anything happens.
Also not illegal!

I like show cars & cruisers.

Paul

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Bob, I take it you have a place to do all the work and the tools. I'd make one great car out of the 2 and scrap the bad body. When done, come down 52 to 136 to 18 west, on May 18 and enjoy roasting some GTPs at Earlville. It is bracket racing, TBirds, Cougars, and Marks, vs what ever GMs show up.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bob, I take it you have a place to do all the work and the tools. I'd make one great car out of the 2 and scrap the bad body. When done, come down 52 to 136 to 18 west, on May 18 and enjoy roasting some GTPs at Earlville. It is bracket racing, TBirds, Cougars, and Marks, vs what ever GMs show up.
yeah got the family farm with two car garage sitting empty full tool set and a cherry picker.
my vacation to do this is in June, so may 18th probably not gonna work for me, but i might roll down there to see some action!

oh and tbirdtess i don't take it to far on the street, just enough to get the point across, teehee. i dont do anything to stupid, Rochester has the highest police per capita in the country. will definitely hit the tracks around here when i get it done.

·
Registered
129 Posts
ummm ouch on the blue one, yeh do number 1, and keep that blue on for wahtever parts you might happen to need later on, its pains me to see such damage on a tbird :(

·
Registered
474 Posts
OK Heres what I say.

1. Swap everything from the Blue one to the Green one.
2. Swap everything from the Green one into the Blue one.
3. Find a big chain.
4. Find a big tree.
5. Get someone with a really big right foot.
6. Attach car to tree using chain.
7. Yank the dents out.
8 Weld Doors shut.
9. Use on circle track.

If you blow it up it dosent matter. If you wreck it, it dosent matter. (the blue one that is.) The point is have fun with it no matter what. Oh and for the tempo..............Thats on you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts