TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse me for sounding bitter. I had 3000-4000 $ to spend on the t-bird. But through the last few months. It has dwendled down to about 2000. I know that the new baby needs stuff, It just sucks. I am going with the 98 MKVIII tranny and flexplate/torques converter. A newpumpkin with trakloc and 3.73's driveline replacement with??? And some underdrive pullies. Should be all ste up by Feb...Eric

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
sounds like a few nice mods...whats the question..if there is one???

·
8,239 Posts
Sounds like it might be time to call your greenleaf rep for the 02 explorer motor.

Figure 1000 for the motor, and always double that number to figure all the xtras.

So, about two grand.

JH

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
02 Expo motor. Very intresting! Are you all saying that I should just skip the Lincon MKVIII Tranny, driveline and Trakloc rear? I can fit the motor in to my budger in about 4 months after all these other mods. What do a 02 expo motor swap involve?

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
There's something in the "work in progress" section.. but I'd get the Explorer engine and then do the drivetrain work afterwards. Ideally, I'd do it all at the same time, but *shrugs* The Explorer engine is gunna show you the most improvement over stock.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
funderbird said:
What do a 02 expo motor swap involve?
Procuring a motor, most likely from Greenleaf...you will also need '96-8 Thunderbird or Mustang fuel rail, '96/7 T-Bird fuel lines, and some other miscellaneous parts as well, also splicing a few wires, changing a few connectors and such. You can find more specific info on procedural steps by searching the forums.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts