TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a good wiring harness for a 4.6. I need the part that controls fuel injectors. I have a short in mine. If so please let me know a price and include shipping to 38464.
Thanks
Contact me at [email protected]

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
Welcome to the forums. www.car-part.com can bring up a listing of salvage yards in your area. Also, you way want to post this question in the Marketplace - Wanted forum instead. Good luck on your search for the harness.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
how sure are you that an injector isn't being hung open or closed by the eec?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you tell me more on eec?

Can you tell me more on how the eec makes the injector stay open?
I have worked on my oldsmobile for years (1972) I stayed away from anything newer than a 1985. I bouth this car and I am having auto shock!

I got the harness, tried it out and it does the same thing. I give the car power and the #2 injector stays on all the time.

Thank you for any information.

Alerotaz

·
5,650 Posts
Does the car smoke profusely out of the exhaust? If so, then you are one of many to have a 94/95 PCM experience a bad injector driver. Essentially the PCM keeps the injector grounded all the time, thereby dumping massive amounts of fuel into the intake. The solution is a new PCM. They are very easy to comeby and a lot less work/expense than a new harness.

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
Ask This Guy. Preferred Ford parts vendor to the club.

·
Registered
708 Posts
a couple years ago, i had the same thing. i replaced the eec under the dash with one from ebay, and it fixed it right away.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
94 - 95 EEC's are known to do exactly that. My 94 hung a injector on me when I was on vacation in california! I found a EEC out of a 95 cougar V8 at a parts guy in Sacromento, picked it up and threw it in... Bliggity blam!

~MG~

·
Registered
373 Posts
well since we're on the subject and no need to start up a new thread, when I leave my car on & sitting in one place for more than a couple minutes it also blows smoke out of the exhaust. I also have a short (fuse 5A run) that causes several things not to function properly. could it be a bad pcm?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Carlos, yours sounds like the valve seals. If sitting idling at operating temp, then giving it gas causes the smoke, then it is classic valve seals for your year engine.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Carlos, yours sounds like the valve seals. If sitting idling at operating temp, then giving it gas causes the smoke, then it is classic valve seals for your year engine.
I second that...

~MG~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts