TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) :) :)
I am not so mechanicaly inclined to undertake repairs under the hood. But a guy named Stevie G. posted a picture of his problem which was exactly like mine. That gave me something like a working diagram. Another fellow who sounded like a seasoned mechanic said something like - you could change the intake manifold in about two hours all you need is an 8 and 10 mm deep socket. Also another fellow said that Dorman was coming out with a new intake manifold w/ an aluminum crossover( whatever that was) to sidestep Ford's plastic flaws. I'd like everyone to know that to the surprise of myself, family and friends I have successfully changed that intake manifold.

The first day driving to work the fan buned up, and I worried that the heat would destroy the manifold. I got towed home. I got a used fan from Pick'n'Pull. And I've been on the road ever since. I think the fan problem was a polarity thing.

I just want to say Thanks the
forum and everyone involved. Cmore1996

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Not to bust ya down but did you torque the manifold in the right pattern???Make sure you did and it should be at about 18 ft pounds.Just somthing to check on to make sure it was done corectly after the work you put in.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Manifold

Glad it worked well for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts